My Grand Marquis gets totaled ...GRRRRRRR...have EBAY question - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2004, 16:39   #1 (permalink)

My Grand Marquis gets totaled ...GRRRRRRR...have EBAY question

A few months ago , I purchses a new to me Grand Marquis that I had bought for a very good price . I added a dark wondow tint and well as those really nice chrome fender trim peices to add that " finished look " I wanted . Well , a few weeks later , my brothers car died and he was about to have back syurgury to remove several concerous tumors and needed a comfy car to get to and from physio . So , I thought , what the hell , I would let him " borrow " my car as long as he would need it but i placed a few conditions on it's use . One of those conditions was that his son was forbidden to to even sit in the car since he is a total slob and would make a great big mess out of it . Hell , I even said I would do ALL the regular servicing and weekly preventative maitanence work on it so that they would not have to worry about it .

Well , about a week ago , I call theem to see how they are doing and since I had not heard from them in a few days ( they call at least once a day ) I though that I had better make sure everything was fine with them . Well , I got the bad news . My brother let his son drive my car who promtly totaled it . The car was littered with beer bottles and other stuff so , my insurance company will not pay the claim because the som was charged with the offense of a DUI . He is fine ... until I get my hands on him .

I didn't pay alot for thee car so it's not so big a deal to lose the value of the car but what just fries my butt is that he has totaled EVERY car he has ever had including two of my bikes and the car i bought for his birthday last year . ( he's 23 and so far has destroyed five bikes and six cars ... all of them his fault )

So , why am i not so mad ? Well , I am really mad but now , i have a better reason to get the car I have my eye on for a while now which is the Grand Marquis Marauder ... really love that car .

So , here is the question I would like some input on please . I have seen a few cares on EBAY but I have never bought anything this way before . I am still of thee old school of thinking in that I like to " touch and feel " purchase and get a " feel " for what I am about to buy which EBAY would not be able to provide me with until after I buy . I would like to have some feedback from any of you who have used EBAY in the past and what the experience you had was like .

thanks
spock

PS . I hope everyone is having a wonderfull holiday season so far .
Mr. Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2004, 16:40   #2 (permalink)

Re: My Grand Marquis gets totaled ...GRRRRRRR...have EBAY question

.... ooops , sorry about the poor spelling , I hit the send function before I read what I wrote

spock
Mr. Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 17:14   #3 (permalink)
Mad Manz

man if i was you i wouldnt be lending them any of my cars if i knew how many they have gone through!!!
Old 12-25-2004, 17:26   #4 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

yeah id be making him pay back the full value of the car and then some. also id be waiting for the day he got another car so i could borrow it and write it off on him. see how he likes it then. as for ebay if the person is close to your area, most people dont mind you come and have a look or drive of the car. if it is too far to go then in Australia. RACV has a service that will go around and inspect the car for you and give you a detailed written report. maybe there is a service like that where you are?
dont forget you can sell all your good bits of the wreck on Ebay as well to help get some $$$ back from it.
Old 12-25-2004, 17:59   #5 (permalink)
Ford Appreciation Society

I bought my daily runabout off Ebay, so I could do some long term work on my mustang.

I was lucky, the owner wasn't that far from me and so I got to test drive it before bidding.

I found that it was a lot cheaper than buying from the paper/classified ads, and it is still going strong.
Old 12-26-2004, 17:38   #6 (permalink)
That guy

I bought a 1974 Ranchero Squire off ebay in 2002, it was listed as a custom show car, paid 2320 for the Ranchero, went to Colorado to get it. As soom as I saw the Ranchero I thought "what shows he go to?" Some one blue died the interior, painted gloss white over the Ranchero with out removing or atleast prepping the orginal paint (witch it Lime Matallic Green, the white paint came off after I washed it). The engine was rusted out. Come to find out he got it from a junkyard and the last show was in 1983. Floors are almost gone, dents all around, replaced rear dumper missing 2 bolts and smashed passenger side tail light and base. It has turned into a 2 year task but now its a show truck. I really sugest www.cardomain.com I bought a 1987 LX Country Squire near mint for $1200, I'm just making some modifications to it :)

BlueSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71