Ford Forums banner

need advice, engine codes P0307, P0302, P0308 so far.

5K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  no_common_sens 
#1 ·
Last summer we purchased a 2006 Grand Marquise with 16K showing (27K now). A month later the CEL came on and the computer showed 12 codes, so I took the car to the local dealer and a month later got it back with$1400.00 worth of new parts that were not needed since they had to replace the computer. Last week the car started missing and the cel came on showing code P0307. Replaced the coil, and plug and the car ran perfect for a day. Next day same thing showing P0302. Same repair ran fine for a day. Yesterday cel throwing code P0308, and will replace coil today. Any idea as to why this is happening? Is there anything that I can check that will make it throw a code for one cylinder at a time like this. When the repair is made the car runs perfect for about 20 miles and the cel comes on after the miss starts. So far it has been on a different cylinder each time.

#2 ·
:hit:Hello and good day:

May I ask did you clear the Codes from the PCM after replacing the Coil Packs?

If not...Disconnect the Neg Battery terminal for about 6 to 10 min's, then Reconnect...

What does the car do when it Throws the Code??? Does it act like its misfiring??

Sounds like the PCM Is giving you a False Positive.

#3 ·
:hit:Hello and good day:

May I ask did you clear the Codes from the PCM after replacing the Coil Packs?

If not...Disconnect the Neg Battery terminal for about 6 to 10 min's, then Reconnect...

What does the car do when it Throws the Code??? Does it act like its misfiring??

Sounds like the PCM Is giving you a False Positive.
Yes the car starts missing on after about 20 miles, and then throws a code. Own a fairly good code reader and cleared the codes each time. Replaced #8 this morning and drove about 60 miles and so far the car is running fine. Will see how things go next week. Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.