Need Help!!!!85 vic - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2005, 21:47   #1 (permalink)

Need Help!!!!85 vic

Ok so here it is my 1985 crown has been totaled and it is a 2 door with a 351W H.O. and 115,000kms / 65-70,000miles. now it was fully loaded and had no rust and was in mint condition and the bastard insurance company wants to give me $1700cdn for it which is bullshit if anyone out there knows what the car would have been worth please reply to this it would help me out a lot. (ie. how many 2 doors where made that year, and what it would go for with that low millage)

Also brand new preformence exhaust $1000 with headers
S_A_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2005, 23:41   #2 (permalink)

Re: Need Help!!!!85 vic

Well I talked to some family in the insurence company and according to them sugg. price for your car is $1,480. And I was told that you have to remember that with the Vic's and Gm's no matter how good of condition they are in they do not gain value the older they are. and with your performance exhaust you will only get maybe $500 extra towards the price the insurence company gives you.(But that is depending on the insurence company you have also)
amo4387622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 08:52   #3 (permalink)

is that canadian or US?
Old 09-15-2005, 16:21   #4 (permalink)
That guy

I beleive USD. I say, don't sign the paper, keep the car, get another and drop the engine/ tranny, and exhaust in the other crown (maybe one with a blown motor for $100 USD), thats if you have time and place to store the car, and if the engine and trans is good. Thats what I do :) I buy beefed crashed cars and use the parts I want and sell parts I don't, makes some nice side cash :)

BlueSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 21:42   #5 (permalink)
Police Officer/Rescue Tec

Hey Man , Tell the insurance company that you'll take the offer and keep the vehicle too. That way everybody is happy and you'll have money to get another and have a parts car too. You should be able to pick up one for a couple of hundred dollars(US) and have a good motor and tranny to go in it along with other goodies that are salvageable from your old car.
ryoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 20:07   #6 (permalink)

thanks for the help on what i should do
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71