Need help fast. 92 Vic, battery problem - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2001, 23:42   #1 (permalink)
Crown Victoria P71 Member

Need help fast. 92 Vic, battery problem

How does ford expect use to replace the negative and positive battery leads??? They go into a heat resistant tube, and then are stuck behind the block someplace, what gives! Where the heck does it run to? Does the negative lead to go the starter or the back of the block? I know the positive lead goes to the starter, but I need to replace both lines, and spent 3 frustraited hours cursing Ford's design team trying to figure out how to get these leads out. HELP!?!?!
Young Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2001, 07:56   #2 (permalink)
Multi Car Owner

Go to the dealer and on your way down to grab your ankles hand over your wallet!!!
Really. I do not know on this one. Sounds like a real problem. GOOD LUCK
Marqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2001, 11:27   #3 (permalink)

Oh crap, not what a 20YO wants to hear, lol. Screw it, I'll just sell the car, it's been a real problem electrically lately anyways, lol. Motor runs great for having 185K on the clock, but everything else is shot to hell, lol.

Seriously, if someone out there knows where the neg. lead goes, or how you might go about getting the leads out, please enlighten us all.
Old 07-05-2001, 21:55   #4 (permalink)

READY>>>>>>>>GO

GO TO PEP BOYS OR LOCAL AUTO PARTS PICK UP A DETAILED REPAIR MANUAL FOR CROWN VIC SPECFIC AND IT'S NOT EXPENSIVE THAT WILL TELL YOU A-Z>>>>>>>STILL HERE GET MOVING!

P.S.-> BE VERY VERY QUIET K9 IS ON PATROL!

:rocking:
K9SRT_P71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2001, 23:42   #5 (permalink)

I have chiltons and some other manual, both suck ass! Neither tells me, they just say "Remove wires." LOL
Old 07-06-2001, 07:47   #6 (permalink)

Red face OOOOPS

I DONT KNOW THEN GRAB THE KY AND BEND OVER I GUESS->LOL SORRY I GUESS ITS NOT WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR!
K9SRT_P71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71