need help removing driver fender - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2011, 16:47   #1 (permalink)

need help removing driver fender

i spun out during the snow and hit the front of my car. i need to replace the bumper and driver fender. i got the bumper removed, but i do not know how to remove the driver fender. i have spent 2 days online looking for help and nothing. can you please help me out and thank you for your time...
98cv11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2011, 18:26   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Re: need help removing driver fender

Whats the year and make of your vehicle?

*edit - I see it in your user name. Let me see what I can find.
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 18:38   #3 (permalink)
Administrator

Re: need help removing driver fender

I hope this helps.

Quote:
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION

1. Remove the front panel assembly and bumper; refer to the procedure in this Section.

2. Remove the battery if removing the right fender.

3. Remove the one cowl seal assembly-to-fender retaining screw.

4. Remove the hood; refer to the procedure in this Section.

5. Remove the 2 fender-to-radiator support panel upper brace retaining screws and remove the brace.

6. Remove the one fender apron-to-frame retaining screw (inside the wheel opening).

7. Remove the access cover retained by one push pin inside the rear of the fender apron and remove the center fender-to-cowl retaining screw (inside the access opening). If equipped, remove the one push pin retaining the apron to the fender (next to the access opening).

8. Remove the fender-to-radiator support panel retaining screws.

9. Remove the screws (3 left side or one right side) retaining the fender apron to the radiator support panel.

10. If removing the right fender, remove the 2 nuts and screws retaining the battery hold-down bracket to the fender and radiator support panel.

11. Remove the 3 upper and 2 lower fender-to-cowl retaining screws.

12. Remove the fender.

13. If the apron is to be removed, remove the 2 screws inside the top of the apron. On 1989-91 vehicles, drill out the 6 rivets at the wheel opening.

14. On the right fender, remove the 2 fender-to-battery hold-down bracket reinforcement brace screws and remove the brace.

15. Remove the apron.

To install:

16. Position the apron in the fender and install the 2 screws inside the top of the apron. Tighten to 7-10 ft. lbs. (9-14 Nm).

17. Position the fender-to-battery hold-down bracket reinforcement brace and install the 2 screws. Tighten to 7-10 ft. lbs. (9-14 Nm).

18. On 1989-91 vehicles, install 6 new rivets at the wheel opening.

19. Position the fender to the vehicle and install the 3 upper fender-to-cowl retaining screws. Tighten the 2 screws entering the cowl top to 25-38 ft. lbs. (34-51 Nm). Tighten the one screw entering the fender through the front of the hood hinge to 17-25 ft. lbs. (22-34 Nm).

20. Install the 2 lower fender-to-cowl retaining screws. Tighten to 7-10 ft. lbs. (9-14 Nm) on 1989-91 vehicles or 17-25 ft. lbs. (22-34 Nm) on 1992-98 vehicles.

21. Install the 2 battery support/hold-down bracket-to-fender apron nuts and screws. Tighten the screws to 7-10 ft. lbs. (9-14 Nm) and nuts to 5-8 ft. lbs. (7-11 Nm).

22. Install the screws retaining the fender apron to the radiator support panel and tighten to 7-10 ft. lbs. (9-14 Nm).

23. Install the fender-to-radiator support panel screws and tighten to 7-10 ft. lbs. (9-14 Nm).

24. Install the center fender-to-cowl screw through the access hole and tighten to 7-10 ft. lbs. (9-14 Nm). Install the access hole cover with the push pin retainer.

25. Install the fender apron-to-frame retaining screw and tighten to 7-10 ft. lbs. (9-14 Nm).

26. Position the fender-to-radiator support panel upper brace and tighten the retaining screws to 7-10 ft. lbs. (9-14 Nm).

27. Install the one cowl seal assembly-to-fender retaining screw.

28. Check the fit of the fender to the door and hood and position as required.

29. Install the hood.

30. Install the battery, if removed.

31. Install the front panel assembly and bumper.

Fig 1

Fig 2

jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71