Need to replace driver side seat belt receiver in 2007 Grand Marquis - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2009, 16:38   #1 (permalink)
DCM

Need to replace driver side seat belt receiver in 2007 Grand Marquis

I have a 2007 Mercury Grand Marquis and the driver side seat belt buckle stabs me in the leg while driving. It sticks up through a hole in the leather seat.

On long drives, it is really uncomfortable. I have tried rolling up a towel and putting it between my leg and the buckle but that does not help much.

The buckle needs to be raised up about a foot so that it does not contact my leg. The part that I am talking about is the short section that bolts to the floor and sticks up through the leather seat instead of being positioned outside the seating area. The buckle sticks up about 3-4 inches above the seat. The part that goes across the waist and chest fits just fine.

Does anyone know of an extender for this portion of the seat belt so the buckle will be raised up 8" to 12"?

The dealer said they have never heard of a problem with this but I find that hard to believe. A friend has a 2006 Crown Victoria and has exactly the same problem. We cannot be the only two people in the world who has this problem.

Is it legal to get an extension made somewhere? If so, where would you find such a thing?

Thanks
DCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2009, 09:48   #2 (permalink)
Pantherholic

Garage
Re: Need to replace driver side seat belt receiver in 2007 Grand Marquis

they used to make seatbelt extension adapters that were an option you could get from the dealer. i have had a couple cars in past that surprisingly had the extension in the car.

my 1986 Grand Marquis LS... Rose...
87_Crown_Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 15:06   #3 (permalink)
DCM

Thanks for the reply.

I called Ford and their extensions are for the part of the belt that goes over the chest. What I need is something to get that buckle elevated enough so it does not press on my leg.

Thanks again
Old 07-25-2009, 19:35   #4 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

That would be the one. It goes in where the seat belt goes in now and is up about 4 in.

This is what they look like but I think they are free from Ford.
NEW 2001-2007 FORD CROWN VICTORIA SEAT BELT EXTENDER:eBay Motors (item 140333131132 end time Aug-12-09 21:23:20 PDT)
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 21:22   #5 (permalink)
DCM

Thanks to both of you for taking the time to help out.

I had seen that extender before but assumed that since it left the original buckle in place sticking out of the seat, it might not help.

I will call Ford again tomorrow and see about getting one. Maybe it will smooth out that lump created by the original buckle and ease the pain.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:41   #6 (permalink)
DCM

I picked up an extension at the Ford dealers yesterday and immediately installed it. Without taking a long trip, I will not know if it helps but it is sure worth a try.

The extension was free and is available only in black.

Thanks for your help.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:48   #7 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

You're welcome. Thanks for letting us know.
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71