Re: New to the Board - Introduction
Thanks guys, here is some more info about the car...
1995 Grand Marquis
Remote Start / Alarm
XM Satellite Radio CD / MP3
Twin Turbo Triton V10
- 470+ RWHP
- approx 550 ft. lbs (not 100% sure on Torque)
- Custom tuned by MC Racing in Kansas City
- Has flip chip installed, but only one program
- Turbos are from a 1985 Turbo Coupe
- .63 Exhaust housing
- Turbos were rebuilt prior to install 3-yrs ago
- AEM Programmable Boost Controller
- Water / Air Intercooler
- Snow Performance Methanol Injection
- 42lb Injectors (Pump Gas)
Ford 4R70W Transmission
- Baumann Transmission Control
Best time is 11.74 at 116 MPH (many, many times) - I have not raced it since the new motor. I have only driven it as a daily driver, as I didn't want to mess with it.
I also replaced the "original" V10 about 18 months ago with a fresh '03 motor because the "original" spun a rod bearing after 160K of use. The current motor has about 60K on it and only 15K in this car.
It is a very reliable car, as the previous owner entered into Hot Rod Magazine's Drag Week and it ran without any issues.