New Guy / Lots Of Questions - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2011, 17:52   #1 (permalink)

biggrin New Guy / Lots Of Questions

Howdy!

Alright, let me introduce myself. Im allen, 19, and a member on the vintage mustang forums also. I have a 66 Mustang coupe, that is in repair more then on the road. And Im into computers.

Alright enough about me. About today.

So today was the Henrico County surplus auto auction. They had alot of Crown Vics, some newer some older. Most with tranny issues and or motor issues. So 50 cars in, a 2005 Police Interceptor Rolls Across the floor. White exterior, 76,661 miles and no mechanical issues known. So, I bid, and was outbid, and bid again and won her for $3,700.

I rush to the savings account, pull the money out, ran back to the sale and.... damn they were closed. I was 10 min to late to pick her up. So now its sitting in a dark corner of the county lot, waiting to be paid for.

So here comes the questions. I know a lot of these will probably be answered when I pick her up but some of them wont. Ive come across 1 or 2 of the questions in my searches, but I figured what better way to find out then to ask.

1. Is there anything I need to look for when I pick her up?
--- She sounded quiet when she came in and seamed to pull off fine without issues.

2. Are there any known mechanical flaws with the 2005 P71

3. What center consoles will fit?
---I would like a full console, and is there some secret place I can get these?

4. I didn't pay much attention to the interior so it may have it, but can you put the Digital AC control in?
4b. Is it just plug in play or do I gotta do a lot of stuff?
4c. I'm seeing $300 for this part online, anywhere cheaper or a different model that will work?

5. I've seen several "Upgrade" kits from eBay allowing you to add aux in to the stock radio. Will these work with the factory am/fm?

6. What cool upgrades/accessories have you bought for yours?

7. Anything else I need to know?
raggedrebel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2011, 18:22   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: New Guy / Lots Of Questions

Welcome to the forums. There are no known problems with them unless they haven't been serviced properly. We bought some from an agency in Calif. and they didn't service the transmission at all. They almost all had to have them changed at 90,000 miles.

I bought a console from Walmart that was made for vans and it fit right in. To get the OEM, you could check ebay or Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market.

As for the EATC, ther used to be a site with info on adding it on older ones but the site is down. http://www.p71interceptor.com/
Old 09-19-2011, 13:48   #3 (permalink)

Bert, thank you for the information. The link is down for me to. Here are some of the first pictures. The car hasn't been cleaned or anything. Its exactly how I got it.

If you look at the dash, over by the airbag. There seams to have been Something there that has been removed. Anyone have an Idea what could have been there? There is also a small hold in the dash behind the turn signal that looks like something was removed. Any Ideas?

Also, the am/fm radio. I got a radio puller, but it seams very hard to pull out, is there some other trick I am missing?

raggedrebel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 21:14   #4 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

That car sure looks good. I like the white ones. Mine was black with white doors and top but I painted it all white.

That hole by the air bag was a light that told when the passengers air bag was off.

The radios are hard to pull. I usually pull the pullers toward each other and then pull out.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71