New member-- instrument panel lights - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2011, 12:56   #1 (permalink)
Performing Squirrel

New member-- instrument panel lights

Hey guys. A little introduction: I'm new to this forum, but not to Crown Vics and older Fords. I've had my Vicky for a couple years. It's an 89, creeping up on 100k miles and still looks and runs great. Here's a picture of my ladies:
Vicky and Gal.jpg
Now for the issue.
The Vicky's instrument panel lights are barely visible at night lately. I think a couple of them have burned out. Obviously it won't be as easy a fix as the ones I just replaced in my 67 Galaxie, but hopefully they're the same type of bulb, because I have extras left over. Does anyone know whether they're 1895-style bulbs, or 194-style? How much dash do I have to remove to get to them? Any info would help, pictures would help even more. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2011, 15:28   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: New member-- instrument panel lights

Here's how to remove the dash. | Repair Guides | Instruments And Switches | Instrument Cluster | AutoZone.com

I'm pretty sure the bulbs are the 194. I've seen the 161 in some dashes but not sure if your model was one. They have a lower wattage so are dimmer.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:03   #3 (permalink)
Pantherholic

Garage

i usually remove the blue covers in the setup and install LEDs color of choice... removing the blue filter things will let the light thru better too... they are 194 bulbs

my 1986 Grand Marquis LS... Rose...
87_Crown_Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 21:38   #4 (permalink)

I prefer blue LED's myself. I have those in my '87 Cutlass, and '84 Hurst/Olds. But, with my '00 GM having the digital dash, I would guess that changing any bulbs is out of the question.

If you go with LED's, look up: www.superbrightleds.com. They have the best bulbs, have customer service, with actual human beings that answer a phone, and a decent return policy. I've used other company's LED's, but ended up trying to return them. They just don't have the quality of superbrights.

John
2000GMLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71