No power to Cigar lighter - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2009, 18:41   #1 (permalink)

No power to Cigar lighter

Hi everyone i have a 2000 P71 with 64,000 original miles. Ive been trying to get power to the 2 sets of wires underneath where the radio console used to be for the car. I tested both of them with a multimeter and they read -0.00. I then used a fuse diagram stating that fuse No.16 20amp on the drivers side is the area to check. I replaced the fuse and checked the voltage again which was 12.4 volts. I then checked several other fuses around the area and all of them seemed fine. Still no power. I had a friend look at the diagram with me and he said " its a fuse", i then looked another diagram for the wiring harness which looks like a relay called CO2015 could this be the source of my problems? The odd thing is when i pulled the fuse it looked fine, i replaced it anyways with a new one. I'm trying to hook up a Lighter for a light bar and mount another radio console again, so these wires are important for this. I will list the diagrams below:

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
skunkhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2009, 16:14   #2 (permalink)
01 CROWN VIC

Re: No power to Cigar lighter

My 01' CV has the flashers and lighter on the same circuit. Do your flashers work? I replaced my lighter last week as the plug was hot and flashers worked. The lighter worked twice and now doesn't, even though the plug is still hot.
prometheis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:16   #3 (permalink)
01 CROWN VIC

Re: No power to Cigar lighter (01' CV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prometheis View Post
My 01' CV has the flashers and lighter on the same circuit. Do your flashers work? I replaced my lighter last week as the plug was hot and flashers worked. The lighter worked twice and now doesn't, even though the plug is still hot.
I've since learned that the female receptacle is not hot after all, but the flashers (same circuit) work. So it looks like I have the same problem as you. The green illuminating ring at the base of the plug has never worked... Is there possibly another fuse near the lighter?
Old 02-04-2010, 08:06   #4 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

There's only the one fuse. You can see the diagrams he posted. What flashers are you talking about?
Old 02-04-2010, 22:02   #5 (permalink)
01 CROWN VIC

Emergency/hazard flashers on the steeering column. Sorry I can't read electrical schematics..
Old 02-05-2010, 07:55   #6 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

If you still have power to the circuit, then the lighter itself or whatever you're plugging in has a problem. There are some accessories that won't work in a lighter socket, only a power point.
Old 02-05-2010, 21:42   #7 (permalink)
01 CROWN VIC

The old lighter didn't work, I tested the plug by using a handi-vac and it worked (plug is good). I replaced the lighter, it worked 2-3 times and stopped. Tested it w/the same handi-vac no workee dah (plug is bad or fuse is blown). Checked fuse, fuse ok. Found that the emergency/hazard flashers are on the same fuse, they work (not the fuse). Visually inspected the 2 wires into the plug, both ok (no ohmeter wouldn't know how to use it). Sounds like a bad plug????
Old 02-06-2010, 07:54   #8 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

There are 2 plugs in that area. One on the lighter socket and one above the tray. If you remove the ashtray assy., you'll see the other plug.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71