Ford Forums banner

No start in extreme cold weather

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Bert 
#1 ·
I have a 1998 ex-police crown vic. The car runs great. That is until lately if its 32 degrees or lower the damn thing doesn't want to start. Stong cranking, all lights work etc...Would'nt start for nothing yesterday.Today its **** 40 outside,so I thought what the hell. WAS hard,but it finally started.Once it warmed up,it started fine the rest of the day.Tomorrow in th AM Im not so sure.Anyone out there have a problem like this. Sure could use some input. scshane367@yahoo.com

#3 ·
I have a 1998 ex-police crown vic. The car runs great. That is until lately if its 32 degrees or lower the damn thing doesn't want to start. Stong cranking, all lights work etc...Would'nt start for nothing yesterday.Today its **** 40 outside,so I thought what the hell. WAS hard,but it finally started.Once it warmed up,it started fine the rest of the day.Tomorrow in th AM Im not so sure.Anyone out there have a problem like this. Sure could use some input. scshane367@yahoo.com
:hit:Hello and good day:

Have you changed the Fuel Filter lately? Try to put some "Heet" in the fuel tank. or some good Fuel injector cleaner in it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.