Ford Forums banner

Opinions Please

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  jwko 
#1 ·
I'm looking for opinions on where to get my catalytic converter. I'm buying a direct fit replacement and I've found these different prices.

Autozone: $233.99
Advance Auto: $215.99
Napa: $226.91
Ebay $207
Rock Auto $141.79

The ones from autozone, advance, and napa, are all the cheapest they have. The one on Ebay is a Magnaflow and comes with manufacturer warranty. Rock Auto is remarkably cheaper, but what about the quality?? I guess what I'm asking is, how does the quality of Rock Auto's cat match up to magnaflow? Any opinion's are appreciated. Thanks

#2 ·
Go with Rock Auto. I've bought from them for years. Pick out a name brand if you are concerned about quality. There prices are cheap and no difference in quality.

I used them for my 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac parts. Got the parts and installed a whole new front end for $800. Upper and lower ball joints with control arms +inner and outer tie rods. Raybestos parts professional grade.

I went to another mechanic specializing in front ends, he wanted to charge me $1200, he would have gotten the parts. In addition to paying an additional $400 I highly doubt the parts he had were Raybestos.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.