Overload Springs For Vic? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2010, 15:16   #1 (permalink)

Overload Springs For Vic?

Hi Ford Folks!,

I bought a 2008 Merc Grand Marquis about a month ago and I'd like to put on heavy duty rear coil springs (from police package Vic or taxi) so if I load the trunk up, the suspension does not sag. I've tried to get the specs of the springs (yellow, purple, dark green & something else) from the dealers close around but they don't list the details of the different springs offered. I have heard that the yellow mark is stock and the purple is the police pkg. spring. Would any users know for sure the correct spring for my needs? Thanks Mucho!

Scott
flythair00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2010, 16:48   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: Overload Springs For Vic?

As far as I know, the springs are al the same on 2003 and newer. The older ones had different springs for Police/taxi use.
Old 07-28-2010, 19:15   #3 (permalink)

Garage

For what it's worth, the RockAuto catalog lists taxi/police specific springs for the 2008 Crown Vic.
Old 07-28-2010, 19:58   #4 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

If you check the part mumbers, they're all the same. If you go to the Ford OEM catalog, they only list one spring number for all Crown Vics.
Old 07-30-2010, 17:20   #5 (permalink)

Hey SyracuseP71 & rtg143,

Thanks for the replies. I went to the RockAuto site and found the springs you mentioned Syracuse. I ordered them on Wed. eve and they were delivered via FedEx Fri. morning. Ames, IA to central Minn., two days, awesome service.
I put them on the car today. They have nine coils instead of the stock eight (stock has yellow tag). The material is larger gauge in the new spring and the wind is a variable rate. Way different than the OEM Marquis.
The car now sits up about two inches in the rear and looks RIGHT! I can't tell much difference in the ride but I think that when I load up the trunk, it won't sag much. I may try some cop shocks next.

Scott
flythair00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 17:43   #6 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Thanks for the update. Glad you got it handled.
Old 07-30-2010, 18:04   #7 (permalink)

it sounds like i'm a little late on this, but there is info here and here as to the rear springs.

1996 Mercury Grand Marquis GS ~89,000mi, Willow Green inside and out. It's very green.
1998 Chevrolet Malibu Base V6 187,000mi (sold)
BigMerc96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71

Related Reading: Overload Springs For Vic?