P71 performance - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2010, 18:23   #1 (permalink)

confused P71 performance

Hey, I am looking to buy a P71 and make it like a unique automatic drift car. Do you guys know which years would be better than others, which parts would be needed to swap out etc? I was also wondering how they are for custom audio installation, what the stock audio setup is and what kind of exhaust tips/exhaust would give it that Mustang sound.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited by number18; 12-06-2010 at 20:35. Reason: Used the wrong word
number18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2010, 19:43   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: P71 performance

I don't know but someone else may have an idea. There are some guys that made some exhaust changes on here.
Old 12-06-2010, 20:26   #3 (permalink)

Re: P71 performance

in my opinion, that shelf in the back of the trunk where the spare tire is located makes a great spot for a sub box, but you'll have to custom build a box cause there's no boxes made that would fit there. i can help you design a good box based on your subs if you'd like. i currently have an RE Audio SX 10" back there in a 1.4cu.ft box tuned to 34Hz powered by a rockford power series amp. there is a wiring harness track that runs the length of the car on the passenger's side of the floor that makes a good place to run an amp power wire. i'm running 0G wire and had no problems with it sliding through there. i used to install car audio, and for the size of the car, its fairly easy to run a power wire. you would obviously lose your spare tire, but by putting the box on that shelf, you get to keep all the rest of your trunk space and a lot less worry of damaging your subs. plus it makes it sound better in the car cause the subs aren't hiding behind the gas tank portion of the trunk.

i'm not sure why you'd want your car to sound like a drift car, but i'd imagine it would be pretty difficult to make a V8 sound like a drift car. you'd probably have to go with a straigt through exhaust system, or maybe "open headers" type thing. it'll be loud as hell but won't sound like a 240sx or skyline type sound...hears a link of a sweet youtube video of a 240 with an LS1 and a "tuner" style exhaust.
yeti_99P71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71