Ford Forums banner

P72 Project Week #4

2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Two Trick Vics 
#1 ·
Well here we are.....The Car has been at the Paint & Body for 4 weeks and 1 day now!!!.....The New Windshield is now in after the 2nd try....The 1st Attempt was a disaster.....The Installer Broke it due to being by himself with a very large piece of Glass. The Car is now a solid shade of Primer Grey from Top to Bottom....The Door Jambs are still not done...nor is the Underhood or Inside the Trunk area, But progress is being made!!!.....The holes for the Dual Spot Lights and the Rear Quarter Panel mounted Antennae are now drilled out!!!!......They seem to think the car will be finished by Monday at the latest!!!...We shall see?????.......I won't be holding my breath in light of the previous delays!!!.....What was promised to be a Two week job from start to finish is now approaching week 5......Thankfully this car is not what depend on to get around in!!!!......Allen

#2 ·
:thumbup: Good to hear some progress was made allen. its seems that this is the only subject i respond to over here but oh well :)

#3 ·
I could just scream!!!

I just finished a nightmare 12 hour shift at work!!!!!....More Broken Airplanes than I care to count....You name it and it was broke hard!!!!......Well I get off this morning at 7 am ....I decide to chill out for a few minutes just to get myself re-composed after a tough night......I figured after about 0930 I would ride over to the Paint and Body Shop to see how the weekends promised work went????..........Needless to say I damn near had a stroke when I saw the car setting in exactly the same spot with nothing having been touched since my last look on Friday!!!.....Damn I was Hot under the collar.....I was Promised a 3 week turn time on this Job!!!....Here I am at 2 days shy of 5 weeks with a Primer Grey Hulk with New Tags on it !!!....The man said the door jambs would be sanded today and Painting would start within 48 hours....It had better be started !!!!.....I am at the end of my rope on this!!!......I had to go by the Machine Shop to let them know I was being delayed from the Paint Shop , Everything seems to want to be a Stumbling Block!!!......It's just fricking amazing to me how my Checks to them sure seem to Clear in a Flury of Speed!!!.....I have In fact paid 50% Up Front on the Paint Job....The remainder Due on Delivery.....I also paid Cash Up-Front on the New Windshield that was put in!!!.....I can't understand why this is dragging out the way it is?????....You would think I was a Street Begger asking for a Hand Out!!!.....Rant Over...Allen

#5 ·
????????

Hi JW.....Un-Fortuneatly Not soon enough to satisfy me!!!!....I'm glad to see you out and about!!!.....Did you recieve my E-mail???...I have been most concerned about you!!!!!......Allen

G
#6 ·
Hey Allen, I had to go out of County for a
few days to take care of some stuff, but now
I'm back to the heat and humidity...

I did get your email, sent a reply (believe
it was to a 'xoom' email account), but it
bounced back. :eek:

Has the body shop made any progress in the
past day or so??? I think I would be banging
my head against a wall by now....

#7 ·
No Idea????

Hi JW!!!, I was so angry yesterday I decided not to even go by and check today!!...I figured I would not be doing myself any good to get bent out of shape again.....I was shaking when I got back in my car yesterday, I was Torqued down tight!!!!.....I will go check on things tomorrow around Lunch time. I'll keep you up to date!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.