Picture Thread - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2006, 09:00   #1 (permalink)

Picture Thread

Let's get some pictures of your Panthers. It'll be nice to see what everyone has. We can use this as the gathering point for our photos.

Who wants to start?

My Garage
Freshmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2006, 14:58   #2 (permalink)
Bum

Re: Picture Thread

Not much yet, removed emissions controls, removed ac comp, reemed the cats, advanced timing 6 deg, exhaust stops at the front doors. I would like to get some weight out of it. This winter im gonna rebuild the rearend. Probably put 3.55 gears in it, and a ford racing 8.8 posi unit. Then ill start messing with the motor. I need to convert to MAF. After that I want to install a cam, heads, hoter ignition, trick flow intake, and shortys. I havent decided on what im gonna do about the trans, i guess i just wait till it messes up. I ran a 17.52 last trip to the track .070 R/T. I dont think thats to bad for a stock car that weights 4150 with the driver in it.
Old 07-23-2006, 21:37   #3 (permalink)

Are you sure it's 4150? Did you put it on a scale for those numbers? Mine's 4020 with a full tank of gas and no driver... and it's a wagon.

You'll need to go HO if you're converting to MAF unless you can miraculously find a 1991 standard output Panther sold in California. I'd recommend doing the rear end with the gears (3.55 is good for DD), then find an aluminum driveshaft at the junk yard if you don't already have one. From there, shift kit in the transmission, possibly a stall converter if you're keeping the AOD. Worry about your engine last.

Looks good, though. That 17.52 isn't too bad for being so stock.

Who's up next?

My Garage
Old 07-24-2006, 15:00   #4 (permalink)
Bum

Yes, my car is 3832 with full tank. Im 6'5 320 so im guessing its around 4150. I have never had it on a scale. Hopefully this weekend i will get to. As far as the motor goes im thinking just swaping it out with a mustang ho 302 instead of converting this motor will be better.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:43   #5 (permalink)

Whether you convert the current motor or "just swap in" a 302 HO, you still have a lot of work to do to get the conversion right. I was "just swapping in" a GT40P (Explorer motor) and T5 and it took me eight months to get it right.

Come on, guys- who's next to post up some pictures?

My Garage
Old 09-06-2006, 08:49   #6 (permalink)

TTT
Anyone else have pictures?
I'm still not done with mine.

My Garage
Old 09-08-2006, 16:39   #7 (permalink)

I'm having trouble uploading my picture, but I have lots of pix at my Car Domain account:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2439326

It's a 351W police interceptor with 2-barrel intake, 4-speed AOD, 2.73:1 rear axle, and dual exhaust (with glasspacks, of course).

Future modifications include:
--4-barrel intake (already have the manifold and carb, just have to find time to install them)
--Mustang shorty headers (again, have them, just not installed yet)
--more free-flowing mufflers
--exhaust cutouts
--remove catalytic converters

Modifications I'd like to do but may never get around to:
--T5 Trans swap (same as Freshmeat)
--paint
--Nitrous Oxide (this is a BIG maybe--can't afford high octane gas!)
--MSD or equivalent ignition system
--engine rebuild

Nathan in MN (now in MI for college)
--
Nathan in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 21:21   #8 (permalink)

well ill show you all a picture of mine, its a work in progress but she will do every bit of the 140 mph the speedo shows, it is an old police cruiser though
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2332850 there is my car domain pictures im not on my computer right now so go take a peek.....let me now what you think
ford79man91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 22:29   #9 (permalink)

Here are pics of my car on cardomain, http://www.cardomain.com/ride/532395. The car is a 90 CV with 302 that is pretty much stock except for exhaust, I have the factory manifolds going into the fours cats then dumped at the cut-outs I just had installed and it sounds mean, Then from there into a flowtech warlock racing muffler for when I have to go for emissions.
Furture mods are to upgrade my rear gears from 2.73 to 4.10 with the posi I got off ebay from a mustang with only 5,000 miles on it. Also a PA street/strip valvebody. And then motor and torque converter.
amo4387622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 22:58   #10 (permalink)

amo, just get the Transgo S/K kit on eBay. I paid $49 shipped and had it within a week. Only took an afternoon to install it, including draining the transmission and pulling the V/B. The hardest part was getting the servo springs installed, but that wasn't too bad once I got pissed enough to man up to the C clips. Made a great, daily-driveable difference. While it was off I installed a pan drain plug... drove it like that for probably 800 miles then stripped out everything for the GT40P/T5 conversion. Ha!
The 4.10s and posi will really wake it up, though.

My Garage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71