playing around with the crown - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2005, 16:24   #1 (permalink)
That guy

playing around with the crown

Got board today chasing paint, need some like chrome, but saw it was cheaper to just get it rechromed. Any way, got board. Was going on michigan ave, down by glenwood. Doing about 45, I wondered if the corwn would maybe break loose.... Floored it, no smoke but hit 70 before I knew it, slowed down to 45. Then I popped it in nuetral, floored it, popped into 2nd at 40ish, broke loose with smoke bellowing of the tires and cocked to the left, had to let off the gas all the way to regain traction. Then I came up to a yellow light, no one behind me so I popped in into 1st gear and let it slow from 55, down by canton road, it spit fire out the tips :) Poor tuner celica stoping next to me, kid freaked, seeing fire come out the tips of a box style crown is a odd thing :)

Also, got the money to buy forged pistons for the crown, also got 10 over rings for when I bore the motor, I'm planing a rebuild maybe next january. Been running the numbers on my digital dyno on my computer, planing maybe 300 - 400 HP, well, with stock intake :) and, no belt driven chargers. I'm already topping $2000 in parts for the motor, not including getting the block bored, crank neutralized, new valve seal (I got them, just need a shop to replace them, there bigger then stock, intake and exhaust), and milling the heads for the true roller roackers. Also I'm getting around to polishing the aluminum wheels for the car, still looking for what tires I want. There old 70s 14 inch mustang wheels, has 5 ovals in the wheels, 11 wide in the rear, 7 wide front.

Until later, have fun :)

BlueSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2005, 11:33   #2 (permalink)
Tremec Masher

Re: playing around with the crown

Good plans.

But, I strongly frown upon abuse like this. Good way to snap the tailshaft off your tranny!
GrandMarquisGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 21:30   #3 (permalink)
That guy

I took that into account, the trans is beefed to take over 5oo horse with a tempered tail shaft and gears, also bought a drive shaft loop incase it does snap the uni or tail. I love my crown :)

BlueSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 09:51   #4 (permalink)
Tremec Masher

Throw the automatic in the trash.

Install a Tremec.

Have a nice day :D

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71