Ford Forums banner

Please help!!!!

5K views 19 replies 5 participants last post by  Bajarider 
#1 ·
So I got a 07 p71 and the abs light started to come on with the red emergency brake light I took it to the shop and read the codes said it was abs control module I pulled abs control module pump fuse so the brake pedal wouldn't pulse any more well it kept doing it and then my turn signal started to stay illuminated on my dash when I cut the dash lights on and now my front left head light same as the one with the turn signal wouldn't cut on and now my windshield wipers won't work ..I found if I cut my dash lights off and cut the wipers on my left turn signal flickers and almost illuminates I need help any info would do please and thank you

#4 ·
I pulled the abs control module (pump) wich should of killed the abs but the brake pedal still pulsed like it did before wich don't make sense so I put the fuse back in it wasn't damaged or blown ..the car didn't have this issue when I got it maybe a month after I got it the abs and brake light flashed and then went off and it didn't happen again for another month but it got worse and now it's where it's at now

#5 ·
If just dosent make sense because it started with the abs lighs and red parking brake light ...the codes said abs control module ...and then all the other started happening with the turn signal problem and the front left headlight stop working and now windsheild whippers not working ...could a failing abs control mod cause that or is that causing abs contrl module issue

#6 ·
Maybe your LCM is bad. It controls all the lighting so I can see why only your lights would be affected. Have you checked your brake fluid? It sounds like its possibly getting low.

#9 ·
Yeah I checked the fuse is wasn't blown but the codes read abs control didn't have issue with lights at first it was just abs light and red parking break light but when it would flash on sometimes I would see the blinker illuminate very slightly as if it was glitching..and it got worse also when I i try to spray my whiper fluid I don't hear the motor even working to spray it out ...wouldn't the code read LCM mod in stead of ABS

#12 ·
You never never said which fuse you pulled, there's more than one for the ABS system. Without taking readings and reading diagnostics, you are playing blindfolded darts. If you don't have the proper tooling to fully diagnose this issue, it might be worth the 50 bucks to have Pep Boys look at it rather than buying $500 of diagnostic tools.

#14 ·
Yeah you are right about blind darts ..I found my abs control mod is right in front of the headlight that don't work and the turn signal that flickers I followed the wires and the all seem to meet together hoping faulty abs control mod is the cause I checked all ground wires I could find all seem to be properly grounded and I pulled the fuse under the hood abs control mod (pump) and it seemed to kill the pulsing brake pedal just can't find anyone who also had cluster lights and head light issues with failing abs con mod

#15 ·
So I pulled abs fuse again and left it out and drove the car and wala everything works fine so I'm assuming it was bad abs control mod cause the headlight malfunction so next step is uninstalling it and send in it off cause I'm not buying a brand new one for 600..any ideas on how to get it remanded any trusty places that won't rip me off

#19 ·
Missed that one and 109. There's 2 other fuses with lower ratings, 38 also shares with the LCM and the brake shift interlock. Your issue likely resides in one of those circuits. They probably supply control voltage, and if there's a loose wire or corrosion, it can be dragging them down, as well as a slight ground from one of the modules. If you're not very experienced in electrical diagnostics, you have a daunting task. I'd suggest checking supply voltages to the modules in question and verifying that their grounds are good.

#20 ·
This was a common problem with '02's, but not sure about your model year. In '02's the LCM was on the same circuit as the HVAC and would sometimes go haywire (sorry, a tech term) if the blower motor speed changed or the A/C compressor engaged, causing even a minor flux in voltage. The LCM is so sensitive that it "knows" when a tailight is burned out. Check the wiring diagram for your year CV and determine which circuit your LCM is on. From the sound of your posts, it it on the same buss as your ABS, but it could be any component in that circuit that draws current and causes that current to fluctuate, or due to a bad ground in that circuit. Check the grounds again. If the problem is not found, isolate the LCM to another circuit that is known to be to be stable, preferably with no components that draw large amounts of current Sorry, I cannot be more specific until I have time to study a wiring diagram for your car as I am truly up to my neck in 'gators (rental houses and prepping Baja machines) for a while. Additionally, since your car is a P71, anything could have happened when the police equipment was removed, most likely hastily.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.