RaggedRebel92's Question Thread - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2011, 12:52   #1 (permalink)

RaggedRebel92's Question Thread

Alright guys. As you can tell, I dont know a whole lot about the wiring of this car. And Im trying to figure some of the basics out. So... Ive got ALOT of questions. So I figured instead of asking 200 questions on 200 threads I would ask in one thread. SO, I'm going to ask all of my questions here from now on.

Alrighty, Current issues:

My Drivers side high beam docent function, Ive replaced the bulb and nothing. Ideas?

Im trying to re-enable the courtesy lights, From the P71's modifier guide, I should just be able to unplug the battery, remove the jumper under the dash (A 2 wire jumper) and plug the battery back in and the lights work. Well... didnt happen. Using the light wheel and turning it to the dome light still doesn't light the lights.
Fixed. No Lightbulb?

And am I correct that with this enabled I should have functionality back in the red door lights and the roof light should turn on when the door is opened?

Also, there's 2 plugs that are just sitting in the plastic molding in the dash and red and white female plug if I remember correctly. Are they supposed to be plugged into something? What are they for?

I got the rear door window switches and the horn working again, but besides that Ive hit a dead end.

Last edited by raggedrebel92; 09-25-2011 at 14:21. Reason: Update.
raggedrebel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2011, 14:31   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: RaggedRebel92's Question Thread

If yours ahs the Police package, theres a wig wag module on the right front fender. The left headlight goes through it. Connect the light green/black wire around it and it shuld work. As for the interior lights, I believe they have to be programed by the dealer. I don't remember on them. The older cars had the blue connector under the glove gox that had to be disconnected as you mentioned. The wire color for the lights themselves is light green/orange.
Old 09-25-2011, 19:41   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert View Post
If yours ahs the Police package, theres a wig wag module on the right front fender. The left headlight goes through it. Connect the light green/black wire around it and it shuld work. As for the interior lights, I believe they have to be programed by the dealer. I don't remember on them. The older cars had the blue connector under the glove gox that had to be disconnected as you mentioned. The wire color for the lights themselves is light green/orange.
Bert, thank you. Alright yes im pretty sure it has the police package. I took a bunch of photos cause im not sure what to do. As for the light issue. Its actually a jumper under the steering column. My problem was I didn't have a light bulb in the lamp.

So Ive taken a bunch of pictures so I can try to identify the no longer needed wires and try to figure some of this stuff out. Im going to post what I think they are or what they need to be.

Where the wig wag-er was?

Ground, Power and Magic? Where or what did thees go to?

Ok, I think this all goes to the trunk? Mostly strobe stuff? Am I correct? anyone know what ones of these can be disconnected and removed?

White connector that goes.... somewhere it gets tucked behind a bracket at some point.

Ok, I think the black plug is the headlight harness? The red one? No Idea.

Another Red Plug?

Another red and black..

Green connector into blue connector that goes NOWHERE.

Red and Black wire
Old 09-25-2011, 20:20   #4 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Those are almost all for Police equipment. The red ones in fron are for the SRS crash sensor and all Crown Vics have them. They always ran wires that we could use for whatever we needed without having to punc through the firewall. Your last picture is for the siren.

Here's a guide for your car. Page 45 is for the dome lights. This should help.
http://www.wattco.net/infopdf/05modguide/2005mguide.pdf

2004 was the same and page 11 shows the wig wags. http://www.wattco.net/infopdf/04crnv...liceOption.pdf

This is where you can get the diagrams, Wiring Diagrams | WATTCO Equipment Inc. - Emergency Equipment Integrators
Old 09-25-2011, 20:29   #5 (permalink)

Bert, Thank you again. Like I said earlier, I got the dome light issue fixed. But im still having the headlight issue. Thats why I posted the pics. Trying to figure out the "jumper" That I need to change.
Old 09-25-2011, 21:16   #6 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

I posted the info on the dome lights so if anyone searching the forums can find the answer. Hope the other stuff helps.
Old 09-27-2011, 13:06   #7 (permalink)

Alrighty, next question. What do you call the little 2" Dash Trim Piece that runs under the airbag to the at the bottom of the dash. You know, the one with the "trunk release" button.
Old 09-27-2011, 17:14   #8 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Ford calls it "Instrument Panel Moulding".
Old 10-06-2011, 19:55   #9 (permalink)

Hi Bert! (and anyone else who reads this) Me again!

So sitting at the drive in this past weekend, my feet on the floor, I adjust myself to get a little more comfortable and put my foot on a squishy part of the floor. So I press this squishy part and notice a click when ever I press it.

Curious, I pull back the floor (gotta love that plastic floor) and what do I see. A black foot pump. I trace the pump up under the dash and find a "tremco" labled box with a on/off switch. So I leave this alone for the movie and research it at intermission. So I find its a security system. So I flip the switch to "on" and try to shift into drive. No change, the system refuses to activate.

The wires run up the column to what I assume is the shiftier indicator, and appear to be connected (I didn't take anything apart) but tugging them they didnt come out. So my question. Is there some trick to turning it back on?

Anyone have a install instructions?
Or anything like that?
Old 10-06-2011, 20:24   #10 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

You could try to contact the company and ask for the instructions. TREMCO POLICE PRODUCTS
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71