Rain-soaked dash - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2009, 08:54   #1 (permalink)

Rain-soaked dash

I stupidly left the driver side window down and let 2 1/2" of rain into my '04 Grand Marquis. Cleaned everything out and the car started right up the next morning. The following morning the battery was dead. Turns out that the dash lights remained on all night and drained the battery. I pulled the fuse (#21 in my owners manual... LCM for park lamps and interior illumination, Autolamp/Sunload sensor.) and let the car air dry in 90+ degree heat for the last 4 days. Those lights still will not go off when the fuse is re-installed. Will it ever dry out or is something going to need to be replaced? Anybody else ever been this careless?

Jeff
JGoering is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2009, 19:30   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: Rain-soaked dash

Was it just the dash lights? The LCM could still have moisture in it. It wouldn't hurt to remove it and use a hair dryer to dry it out. then see if everything is okay.
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 21:08   #3 (permalink)

I'm not sure where the LCM is. Is it accessable without removing the dash?
Old 06-22-2009, 15:16   #4 (permalink)
Bronco Guru

Before doing that - is the headlight switch on? Do the parking or dome lights stay on? Door switch backlighting?

The LCM is above the gas pedal with 3 connectors facing forward.
Steve83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:25   #5 (permalink)

Problem solved. It took a week of waiting but everything has dried out and is working properly. As hot as it has been here over the last 2 weeks, I would have never guessed that it would take this long to dry out. I'm just glad that it didn't require tearing into the dash or door to fix it. Thanks for the replies.

Jeff
Old 06-26-2009, 09:07   #6 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Thanks for letting us know the outcome.
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71