Recharging the A/C - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2001, 13:59   #1 (permalink)
Magnum PeeEye

Recharging the A/C

Has anyone used those R134a Recharger Kits they sell at Walmart? If so, do they work good or what?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2001, 05:23   #2 (permalink)
Crown Vic P71 Member

A/C Kits are OK!!!

Magnum Pee Eye, I have used the Re-Charge Kits and they seem to work just fine!!...I Even used a Conversion kit on my 88 P72 Police Package CV with no complaints!!!...R-134A IMHO does not cool as well as R-12.....But the Options are Many many Dollars apart....If your A/C System is in good health and a Booster Shot is all it needs ???...You should be happy with the results....But if you have a clogged Orifice Tube,Leak or any bad Component in the system your hopes of a cheap fix are going to be dashed!!...I would reccomend re-placing the Orifice Tube before shooting the the Refrigerant to your car!!!....Good Luck.....Allen
Old 06-27-2001, 17:55   #3 (permalink)
Crown Victoria P71 Member

You may not get as cool air as you want with 134, I do but some things to do: High head pressures with 134, very high so a variable metering orifice tube does wonder, they call them the smart VOV... 10 bucks (your compressor will last longer because the pressure wont go as high at low speeds), an electric fan keeps the air flow through the condensor at idle. You'll want it. And sealing up small air gaps around the sides of the condensor so ALL the air flows straight through it. The black plastic strips GM used on Park Avenues the last few years is great. Get it from the junk yard when you pick up the electric fan. If you do it right, your car will be an ice box and you'll be happy. I wish you well.
The Ayatollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71