rev- limiter - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2004, 10:16   #1 (permalink)

rev- limiter

does anyone know where ford puts their stock revlimiters on around '90 crown vics?
ardolino is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2004, 12:06   #2 (permalink)
That guy

Re: rev- limiter

On the distributor (that brain) and in the engine brain. Trust me, you can not change it unless you get the hook up to change the brain values. There about $450 not including the computer you need to use it.

BlueSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 10:11   #3 (permalink)

ok, the reason I think that there is an easier way to go about adjusting the r-limiter or just taking it off is that my friend who owns the car says to me that when they got the car it was unhooked, and that his uncle hooked it up! Is that even possible b/c I really don't know that much about VICS! I personally own a 67 fastback and the rev-limiter on it just links up to the advance on the distributer, just take out a screw and its off! I'm sorry for being so complicated!
ardolino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 12:56   #4 (permalink)
That guy

Buddy, thats you vacuum advanced on your mustang! 67 had no factory rev-limiter that I'm aware of as well! 67 and 90 are very diffent. 90 has a eec-iv computer that controls the rpms. Now if your talking the electronical advance then its right next to the alt. and the dist. brain. You unplug it if your timing the car while in nuetral. 10 degree off top dead center. Also, if you want to get more technical, all cars are designed not to reach there limit. All shift points are below max limit and inorder to hit around 5500 in a 90 cv you have to hit 60 mph in 1st, but the brain will stop there. Never rev a stock V8 over 5000! You can cavitate you lifters and bend push rods.

BlueSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71