Smartlock bypass - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2005, 21:03   #1 (permalink)

Smartlock bypass

does anyone have any idea of a way to bypass smartlock.

I want to install a motor and ecu from an EF of ED into my EA...

im sure a lot of others would like to know how to do this as well...

does anyone have any idea how to emulate to signal the BEM sends to the ECU - what type of signal is it?

also am I right in beleiving that the signal sent from the BEM to the ECU is the same for every ECU ( IE you can swap any ecu with another and the BEM/smartlock doesnt care - IE I can put an EF gli into ant other EF GLi and it causes no drama).
gogetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2005, 04:41   #2 (permalink)

Re: Smartlock bypass

Castle auto electrics in victoria sell a little black box which allows a ford ECU to bypass a smatlock. It is used by people wanting to do engine swaps.

Marshall
marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 02:04   #3 (permalink)
TuffZc and pursuit

Re: Smartlock bypass

Check a local elec in your area, I was having problems, with a smart lock at work in an ef (maybe el?), had the auto elec come out, Soldered 1 wire under the dash, presto, $44 diasappears and so did the problem

*UPDATE * Pursuit has just run 11.763 and 116.18 mph making it Australias Quickest and fastest unopened boss as well as Australias Quickest and fastest naturally aspirated Boss
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71