Spark Plug Helpp - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2009, 15:21   #1 (permalink)

Spark Plug Helpp

I just picked up a new set of spark plugs from autozone, I fried mine on I75 passing someone..I have no idea how to take them out and i got a college test to take tomarrow.. I need help asap..

I think u got to take the fuelrail off but idk how
BlackHero99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2009, 16:47   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: Spark Plug Helpp

You don't have to take the fuel rails off. Just remove the coil packs and the plugs can be removed. Make sure you blow any debris out of the holes before pulling the plugs. Also when installing them torque them properly. Too tight and they can strip out when the cyl, head stretches, too loose and they can blow out.
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 18:17   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the help. i Did all that.. Quick question how do i kno if i need to replace a plug coil? I just replaced all the plugs and its still not runnin rite. it seems all the power is gone. and when im under 65mph the car starts to shake and the idel is not smooth like it used to bee..
BlackHero99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 19:37   #4 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

You could pull one injector wire at a time until you find one that doesn't change the RPM or miss. That will probably have a bad coil pack. There could be more. Then change that coil with one that made a difference in the RPM to see if the miss changes to the other cyl. to prove it is the coil for sure. That would prove that the coil needs replacing.
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71