speedometer correction - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2006, 05:31   #1 (permalink)

speedometer correction

Hi all hopefully someone can give me some ideas on where to get my speedo recalibrated I have a 2002 crown vic P71 last week had the rear changed from the 2:73 to a 4:10 with a locker but can't find anywhere to fix the speedo the dealer said they can adjust it but only to a 3:73 any ideas would be great

Thanks in advance
2002P71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2006, 06:58   #2 (permalink)
HO conversion guru

Re: speedometer correction

As far as I know, most late model Fords have to have a chip or reprogram in the PCM for the speedo to work correctly. contact SCT or blue oval chips for more information.

an Xcal 2 would probably do the trick. Getting the PCM reprogrammed anyway is a good idea because it will firm the transmission shifts and correct the shift points that the new gear is probably throwing off.
88grandmarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 15:39   #3 (permalink)
Ford Fan

Re: speedometer correction

I would like to revisit this question. I just bought a new 2000 Grand Marquis, it had less than 15,000 miles on it when I bought it. I am working on some mods. I am changing tires from the 60 profile to either a 50 or a 45 profile. Do I need to re-calibrate my speedometer?
Rocky Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71