stock coil springs - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2005, 23:44   #1 (permalink)
That guy

Question stock coil springs

All I see is lowering kits or lift kits, how do I get stock coils front and back for my 87 crown. I tried the ford garage once, Eibach custom springs where better price but way out of my range. I just want stock coils, while setting my exhaust system I noticed my passenger side is 1/2" lower and that spring has a crack in the metal, that can't be good, if the spring goes I'm looking at some good down time.

BlueSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2005, 08:42   #2 (permalink)

Re: stock coil springs

try your local junkyard or here...

http://www.parts.com/partlocator/ind...?siteid=213787

definitely fix that asap

2000 HPP Mods
My Tires
BigJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 19:06   #3 (permalink)
That guy

Question Re: stock coil springs

Thank you. The only thing stopping me from ordering there is I can't find the front springs, I went under front suspension. As for going to the local junkyard...... You havn't seen my back yard have ya I got 14 or so cars/trucks/tractors/who knows back there, I just want new springs. if you ever need 4.6L engine parts, I got two of them :) Or 5.0s, 429, 460, 400, 351 (C, W, and M), 406, 386 (or is it 389?), and who knows what else, mainly ford stuff. 95 thunderbird front clips, 80s mustang some where, maybe under the tires..... I got to get out there some day and sell stuff.

Old 07-15-2005, 21:46   #4 (permalink)
That guy

I'm looking for one more thing, its the gas tank breather. Its on the old 80s, some 90s crowns, it has sediments that allow gas build up in the gas tank to escape but not empty you tank. Its at the passegner front fender, right under the battery, n' know the technical name of it. Mine is shot, it hit 102F out yesterday evening before a storm it hard, and my gas tank started hissing. I don't really like that. Its 40% full, lots of fumes and pressure. And I don't want a used one, its to important to me. I cleaned the air lines, return and high side, new gas filter too. When ever I take the hose off the breather I get a big puff of fumes. It must be clogged or some thing. Later.

Old 07-15-2005, 21:56   #5 (permalink)
Police Officer/Rescue Tec

I believe that the springs on the fords with a small block are the same from the mid 80's until present. I may be wrong,however,take a look at this website http://www.p71interceptor.com/index.html it will give lots of useful info.
ryoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 22:05   #6 (permalink)
Police Officer/Rescue Tec

I got the same problem with my 92 CV. I took off the lines and cleared them, also took some of the charcoal out of the canister. The name of the part is Fuel vapor purge canister
ryoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71