STRANGE PROBLEM? anyone for a ride? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2004, 09:26   #1 (permalink)

frown STRANGE PROBLEM? anyone for a ride?

About 3 months ago I bought myself a sweet 99 Crown Vic P71.
Everything seams to be in order beside one little thing.

Car when in Park/neutral creates slight vibration of chasis. Vibration is regular but not constant. vibrates-stops-vibrates-stops. Done this done that didn't help:

- fuel filter
- air filter
- new sparkplugs
- new sparkplug boots
- new PCV
- good fuel injector cleener [M3 brand]
- new engine and tranny mounts [needed replacing anyway]

Driving on the mid-grade or premium. Car has about 81K on the odo now ... don't think this is the reason :>

Guys, please ... any help, any suggestion maybe someone encountereed the same problem ... it just drives me nuts ...

Mike
quapouh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2004, 21:14   #2 (permalink)

Re: STRANGE PROBLEM? anyone for a ride?

First u dont have to run premium because the car is not set up for it, it is set up for 87 stock in the computer but it is up to u but if i were u i would run 87.

When these engines are running right you may have a really hard time hearing or feeling that they are running at all. It sounds to me like you might have a little vacuum leak causing it to run rough. It could be that the IAC Idle air control valve is getting a little flaky.

You can also try cleaning the MAF mass air flow meter with electronic parts cleaner, cleaning the throttle body with Throttle Body Cleaner and checking to make sure that the air intake connections are tight. also if that does not work try using some seafoam in the engine that stuff works mad good, Good luck.
amo4387622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71