Super Fast 2000 Grand Marquis - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2006, 07:33   #1 (permalink)
Ford Fan

Super Fast 2000 Grand Marquis

Hello Everybody,
As you all know that have been keeping up with postings here at the forum I have recently bought a 2000 Mercury Grand Marquis from an old couple. This car now has 16,000 miles on it but I bought it with only 14,800 miles. I decided to do some very simple and basic mods; I have added K&N cold air intake, dual Flowmaster 40 Series pipes with a catback system and custom installed h system, and a Superchips upgrade tuned to 91 octane. These little mods have created a whole new beast. The car was originally an old person's car in every way, now this car breaths thunder. It roars!!! From a signal acceleration is tops and on the freeway from a steady 75 acceleration to 120 is simply awesome. Getting on the freeway from a deadstop this morning I went from 0 to 95 in a heartbeat. This car is just one bad ride. It is fun driving a full size Merc with a tuned V-8 as compared to a rice burner.
Rocky Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2006, 23:31   #2 (permalink)

Re: Super Fast 2000 Grand Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Bennett
Hello Everybody,
...It roars!!! From a signal acceleration is tops and on the freeway from a steady 75 acceleration to 120 is simply awesome. Getting on the freeway from a deadstop this morning I went from 0 to 95 in a heartbeat. This car is just one bad ride. It is fun driving a full size Merc with a tuned V-8 as compared to a rice burner.
Rocky,

Sounds like my Marauder. It is a great driving car with all the power you need. (Some people supercharge theirs for even more power.)
lwblumjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 22:57   #3 (permalink)

Re: Super Fast 2000 Grand Marquis

glad you are enjoying a great ride

2000 HPP Mods
My Tires
BigJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71