Tire size - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2009, 12:28   #1 (permalink)
PostalMan

Tire size

Hi. I just got a 2003 Crown Vic from a Ford dealer who put new tires on the car before I bought it and put the wrong size on it. The ones on it are P235/60R16 where they should be P225/60R16. Does this matter or should I raise some cane with them as it has been only a couple weeks now? Also, should I try to get a gas tank shield of some kind for this vehicle? Thanks in advance.
FHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2009, 12:37   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: Tire size

Go her and see what the differences are :Tire size calculator
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 22:49   #3 (permalink)
PostalMan

While I was out today trying to find a steel wheel for a spare tire I had someone tell me that the wheels from CV's prior to 2003 will NOT fit 2003 to 2009 cars. Anyone know anything about this?
Old 04-02-2009, 02:00   #4 (permalink)
97 f150 4.6 5 spd 2wd

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHall View Post
Hi. I just got a 2003 Crown Vic from a Ford dealer who put new tires on the car before I bought it and put the wrong size on it. The ones on it are P235/60R16 where they should be P225/60R16. Does this matter or should I raise some cane with them as it has been only a couple weeks now? Also, should I try to get a gas tank shield of some kind for this vehicle? Thanks in advance.
the short answer is no it doesn't matter as long as the tires dont rub the 235 is width in mm at the widest part of the tire when mounted i try to keep it within (give or take) 10 mm of specified. the 60 is side wall height you have about 10 mm of play there without affecting your speedo and the 16 is rim size
as for the shield, i would but i drive on a lot of gravel and snow and salt its really up to you
bud_516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:59   #5 (permalink)
PostalMan

Any idea where to find a shield for the gas tank? Is it standard on police cars? It probably isn't really important, but the info would be nice to know, just in case. Lastly, why is the word "shield" in red?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71