Tires - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Insurance Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2014, 18:16   #1 (permalink)

Tires

Just curious if anyone has ran 235/60/16's on stock wheels and suspension on a 98-02? They look like they'd fit ok, but I'm concerned with rubbing up front. Think I'd need some kind of coil cup or bigger springs? I've been considering 2" cups in the rear and 1.5" in the front anyways, but if I don't need them to run these tires, I'm going to put it off for a while. Any input appreciated.
00Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2015, 10:15   #2 (permalink)
Proud 97(.5) GM GS Owner

Re: Tires

I may be a day late and a dollar short, but the Edmunds site edmunds.com will show you all the aftermarket tire/wheel swaps that are possible for most vehicles, with warnings for which ones are tight fits with scrubbing problems on tight turns, bumps, etc. and which will work fine.

You may have to poke around a bit to find the link for tire and wheel info once you find your vehicle, but I have found said info there for a 97 GM.
Volando Bajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 15:56   #3 (permalink)
Dazed and Confused

Nice to know.
Old 01-22-2015, 22:38   #4 (permalink)
Proud 97(.5) GM GS Owner

Yeah, only now I can't find the link anymore. Had it a couple of days ago. Thought it was edmunds but now not sure. Will have to comb through my recent links and bookmarks.

It was late at night, my family has two machines, and I sometimes work under one of the other people's login, or under the admin login, so it could be stored in any one of eight places. Didn't need it at the time, because I was planning on staying with the 15x6.5 steel wheels I have on my 97 GM.

When and if I can find it again, I will post the direct link.

Sorry bout that, try to be more careful next time.
Old 01-22-2015, 23:29   #5 (permalink)
Proud 97(.5) GM GS Owner

I don't believe the following is the site I found before, which explicitly showed which combos could cause problems, but the one that follows was found by me in a post by Sgtgoto last October, although I think he misspelled it (unless I wrote it down wrong).

rimsntires.com

If anyone finds a better site, please add it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71