Transgo Shiftkit - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2006, 17:10   #1 (permalink)

Transgo Shiftkit

I was thinking about buying a transgo AODE-HD2 shiftkit for my 2000 P71 . I was just wondering if anyone out there has these in there car or heard anything about them, positive or negative any feedback would be great. Thanks
jts99dak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2007, 21:53   #2 (permalink)

Re: Transgo Shiftkit

I think the P-71 already has a mild shif kit in it, however i havent heard anything about that kit for the P-71's but i do know that transgo is a good company and makes the only shift kit out their that solves the two major problems on a chev 700-R4 [too soft of a 1st to 2nd gear shift and the other problem with the 3rd to 4th gear shift] Thats all i can tell ya, good luck.
lutkosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 11:48   #3 (permalink)

Re: Transgo Shiftkit

Couple of things here:

-You have a 4r70w tranny in your 2000.
-I've heard nothing but BAD THINGS about that shift kit.
-There is no mild shift kit in the P71s. Only the PCM programming is slightly different to give the tranny a higher shift point and firmer shift (raises line pressure).

If you want your tranny to shift the way it should, do a J-Mod. J for Jerry. He was one of the engineers in designing our trannys and has released what can be done to make the trannys mechanically more efficient and shift firmer. This can be found online. crownvic.net has a write up on how to exactly do it in their 'Body of Knowledge' room. It involves dropping the valve body and removing some springs and also drilling larger holes in the separator plate. This is a safe and proven way to improve your tranny. You can also order a programmer. lonnie @ blueovalchips.com tunes a lot of Panthers. With his tuning he can electronically make the tranny shift much better and efficiently. Not to mention other performance gains you would get from adjusting other aspects of the vehicle. The best set up would to do the j-mod plus have a tune.

'99 Crown Vic Police Interceptor
-Completed full PI swap
-Marauder Airbox & 80mm MAF
-'04 CVPI Ziptube
-ADTR ported plenum
-Steeda Intake Spacer
-BOC tune
-J-Mod tranny
dryelf327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71