Under hood, and trunk lights - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2011, 09:09   #1 (permalink)

Under hood, and trunk lights

I know this is probably a silly question, but shouldn't a '00 G/M LS have an under hood, and trunk light? For a car with all the options this has, I was quite surprised to find no lights under each. Even my '77 LTD Landau has both! The owner's manual shows a bulb number for the trunk light, but I've looked ALL OVER that trunk lid, and can't find one! Not even an empty receptacle! Can anyone tell me where the receptacle is supposed to be? Maybe underneath the rear shelf, by the spare tire? Were those lights an extra cost option? I figure if it has a glove box light, it would have the other two!

Thanks,
John
2000GMLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2011, 09:15   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: Under hood, and trunk lights

The trunk light is under the rear shelf on the driners side. The P71s didn't have an underhood light on most of them. The ones that did, had them on the hood right above the master cylinder.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:19   #3 (permalink)

Thanks! I'll look in the trunk. Don't see any wires going to the hood, so I imagine no hood light.

John
Old 01-31-2011, 12:42   #4 (permalink)

Bert,

Since you've been answering most of my questions, I have another, and don't want to start a new post.

I can't find the code for the keyless entry on the car. Of course, the salesman said it was in the owners manual sleeve, but what is in there, is 4 numbers, with an "X" after it, so I'm guessing thats not it. In the owners manual, it says there will be a sticker on the computer, but I don't see it (if it's where the relays are). What can I do about that? Is there anyway of 'resetting' it to a factory code, so I can set my own? Kinda lost here.

Thanks,
John
Old 01-31-2011, 13:38   #5 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Normally there's a credit card size card with the number on it. If the previous owner took it out, you can still find the number. You'll have to take the drivers door panel off and read it from the module in the door. Those door panels lift up when the screws are removed.
Old 01-31-2011, 17:21   #6 (permalink)

What about if the previous owner changed the code? Will the code in the door still work? Don't know a lot about this thing. Don't want to take the door panel off, if this code won't work?

Thanks,
John
Old 01-31-2011, 18:20   #7 (permalink)

2000GMLS I just bought this 2001 LS and the previous owner apparently broke the trunk light on it's flimsy little plastic hanger and he disconnected it and stuffed the connection up into the trunk lid. You might check there for yours as well.
Under the hood,apparently the light was staying on when shut,draining his battery and he disconnected that as well. Yours should have both if it's like a 2001.
NoLeaks2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 18:32   #8 (permalink)

2000GMLS I was lucky and got everything from the original owner (including the window sticker etc) and the 4 numbers with the X after them I BELIEVE must be the code for your keys.
The combo for the keyless entry was on two stickers still on their original waxy paper , but two of the four stickers had been removed and placed somewhere. I have heard that dealers would put a sticker in the trunk and one other place,I can't remember now.
It will just be a small sticker 3cm x 1cm (1 1/16" x 7/32") with 5 numbers.

My understandinng is that if you can't locate any of these stickers,the dealer can help out.
NoLeaks2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 19:40   #9 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Even if he added a personal code, the original one will work.
Old 01-31-2011, 20:53   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeaks2001 View Post
2000GMLS I was lucky and got everything from the original owner (including the window sticker etc) and the 4 numbers with the X after them I BELIEVE must be the code for your keys.
The combo for the keyless entry was on two stickers still on their original waxy paper , but two of the four stickers had been removed and placed somewhere. I have heard that dealers would put a sticker in the trunk and one other place,I can't remember now.
It will just be a small sticker 3cm x 1cm (1 1/16" x 7/32") with 5 numbers.

My understandinng is that if you can't locate any of these stickers,the dealer can help out.

Thanks for the info! I will look in the trunk for both the light socket, and the sticker. The owners manual does say that there should be a sticker on the computer, but I can't find one. I believe I am looking at the computer, on the drivers side, on the fender well, in front of the brake reservoir? The big relays are attached to it, and to remove the relays, you have to slide them up, and out.

But, at least now I know what that number was, in the owners manual case! This dealer didn't know anything (typical), and I asked if I could talk to the previous owner, but he came up with some BS about contacting people in another state (WI), and that they could get in trouble (right!). I bought this car not far from the WI state line, and according to the carfax, spent most all of it's life up there.

I was happy, however, because I was able to FINALLY stick it to a dealer! Most of the time, I'm the one getting reamed! I printed up an add for a '99 GM LS in another town, that had only 5k miles more, and the same options (plus a moonroof), but was $1500 less than this car. My wife played the part (miss negative), and after seeing some rust under the drivers side rear door, and a hole in back of one of the 'custom' exhaust pipes, and the fact I saw on the dealer's folder (he didn't want me to see!), that they had the car since April of last year, was able to get him down to the price I wanted, which was the same price as the '99! My wife actually got up, and started to leave, but after they had their 'powow', came back and said I could get the car for the price I told them! Yep, I felt quite proud, thank you! I didn't even offer any Vaseline! And, boy, were they pissed, that I got the car for the price I wanted!

So, boys and girls, the trick is to find another car, that is similar, print up the add, make sure you have a negative spouse, who is willing to call the other dealer while at the dealer you're at, and once you have some leverage, you can WIN!

Sorry if there's any dealers out there, but I'm just too happy to report my good fortune! [I]I[I] was the one who won, for once!

Thanks,
John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71