Ford Forums banner

What's the future of the PANTHER line?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  floater3 
#1 ·
Just in case the Panther line disappears I sat in one of the Lincolns at my local dealer. Sorry, can't fit. My head keeps hitting the roof. And the car is a little too narrow for my liking.

So my worry is, what is the future of the Grand Marquis? With all the turmoil in the American motor industry I really don't know what is going to happen. All the stuff I've seen on the 'errornet' says that 2010 is the last year.

Anybody know for sure? Should I start looking at a Chinese Hummer?

#2 ·
I've read that the CV's are only available to fleet buyers, so an individual would only be able to get a used one at auctions/sales by PDs, state pools,etc. This could be an advantage over other used cars, since the state cars usually get pretty good maintenance and I would think more likely to get all manufacturer recalls,upgrades,etc.

Since General Motors and Chrysler need so much help, it will be interesting to see if public agencies increase purchases of what they have to offer. For police, it's hard to beat a P71 but I do see some departments using Magnums and SUVs more.

#3 ·
one thing that people dont realize about fleet cars... how much of the life have they spent idling that is unaccounted for mileage? also look at the area of where the car came from... small town retired cars are in better shape then say higway patrol or big city cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.