Where is horn fuse?--03P71 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2006, 15:14   #1 (permalink)

Where is horn fuse?--03P71

My horn is not working. It is a 03P71 and yes it has horns installed. I can't find in my manual the fuse position for the friggin horn. Help anyone.
thanks, jason
03P71alaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2006, 16:08   #2 (permalink)

Re: Where is horn fuse?--03P71

I don't know off the top of my head, but I will look around after work and try to answer tomorrow if nobody else does. Buuut, if you have cruise control, check and see if it still works. If not, in older units, the air bag, horn and cruise all die at once if the conductive spring in the steering wheel looses contact or fails. This usually generates an airbag code also. Hopefully it is just a fuse, but sometimes the connectors actually come off the horn itself. Good luck.
greenmerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 12:25   #3 (permalink)

I do not have cruise control. No airbag codes either. Thanks for the reply.
Jason
Old 10-26-2006, 07:12   #4 (permalink)

I had the same problem when I picked up my 00 P71. I found the horn fuse in the power distribution block just behind the battery near the front, passenger side corner of the engine bay. I want to say it's fuse #5, and it's a 15-amp.

On my car it turned out not to be the fuse, but rather the horn wire was cut right near the power distribution block. I read that lots of cops use the horn circuit to tie their sirens into, and when they remove the sirens to auction the vehicles they often just cut the wire and leave it. Look around your power distribution block for any severed wires.
Jimmy2Times is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 11:57   #5 (permalink)

I have found the severed wires. The fuse was also missing . I installed a fuse and the thing does click the relay now when I press the horn. Must be a wire off now..thanks for the input.
jason
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71