Wierd Electrical Gremlins 2000 Gnd Marq LS - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2006, 17:48   #1 (permalink)

Wierd Electrical Gremlins 2000 Gnd Marq LS

Here's a stumper. About a week ago I found my car had a dead battery. Tonight I went out to the yard and found all my lights on, cycling on and off about once every three minutes. The car was locked and factory alarm was armed. I opened the car, switched off the auto lamps. Locked up the car and waited. About two minutes later the dome and interior lights came on again and started the same cycling pattern. I think this is what killed my other battery! The car is new to me, it was traded in and I'm guessing now, I know why!! Any clues?
pennyanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2006, 18:45   #2 (permalink)
Bum

Re: Wierd Electrical Gremlins 2000 Gnd Marq LS

Thats messed up. Im not that good with electrical stuff. Hopefully someone could give you some advice. My guess would me its gotta be a relay. Maybe the interior lights have a relay that controls the delay for when they go off. Because i know in my car after you shut the door the lights stay on for a minuate or so. But untill you get it fixed unhook the battery when your not driving so your battery doesnt die. Good Luck
Old 07-21-2006, 05:57   #3 (permalink)
HO conversion guru

Re: Wierd Electrical Gremlins 2000 Gnd Marq LS

you need to hook up the car to a diagnostic scan tool. It sounds like you have problem with the LCM (light control module) or the PATS system, depending how alarm is controled on the car. its possible there is also a bad door switch or trunk switch.

you mentioned you just got the car. If you dont have the original keys, its possible the copied keys are not coded correctly for the PATS system.
88grandmarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71