Is it worth importing a CV to Australia? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2005, 05:05   #1 (permalink)

Is it worth importing a CV to Australia?

Hi all,

Just wanting to know (as I'm sure you would be the best to speak to) how much a good Crowner is worth (at least a '98 model)?

I would like to import one to Australia. Can anyone let me know which model is the best, and why? I know they are 4.6L V8s, etc, but that's about the limit of my knowledge.

I can't explain why I love em, but I do. Anyway, thanks guys.

Jason
V8AUFairlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2005, 18:07   #2 (permalink)

Re: Is it worth importing a CV to Australia?

i don't know much about demand in the land down under for vics. but i do know that a 98 hpp would be worth more than any other vic, no matter the location.

if it were a 01 and up, a sport would be the ticket.

2000 HPP Mods
My Tires
BigJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 22:48   #3 (permalink)

You could always just buy a twenty year old aussie ford and have a superior vehicle! Just teasing! Seriously though, no one would know what is was and it would get a few looks without being as mechanically complicated as some other imports. I like the 1980's looks and technology, the 1960's handling and the name gives it even more character. I am sure these guys have ideas that could fix the handling and give it some more go and you would have a gen-u-whine gangsta car (in black with chromies). Is it rhd in any other market? You could import one over under low volume law. probably 10k plusfor a proper rhd conversion (only because it would be a one-off). Use ford down under to supercharge it etc
evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 02:45   #4 (permalink)
Can't wait for Winton...

Yep look very carefully at conversion costs. Also the SEVS or whatever the import rules are called now, I think it is restricted to 1989 cars or earlier (to combat dodgy Jap imports).
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71