is it worth paying for... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71 Forum for discussion of the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis and P71.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2010, 12:54   #1 (permalink)

is it worth paying for...

Well today got in a accident because a stupid kid decided it would be a good idea to walk in the middle of the street wearing dark clothing while listening to music..... when its DARK!!... welll didnt see him till i had to swerve and car went slipping and sliding on ice and ran into one of those barrel thing with flowers (although this time of year without flowers) and well it did a nice amount of damage...

the whole door shifted down from the door panel (window and that black cleaning thing dont match up)

well what Im wanting to know is ( anyone able to give a ballpark estimate)

I love this car and would HATEEEEE to see it go
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2010, 13:12   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: is it worth paying for...

I don't know about body work so I don't have any idea what it would cost. Does the dor open? Maybe you could adjust the lower hinge area and maybe a little bending to make it usable. That's too bad that you had to be there at the wrong time.
Old 01-28-2010, 13:19   #3 (permalink)

im not sure if it opens or closes (not willing to try) I currently need this car to get around (college and work) so having a door that doesn't shut would hinder my chances on driving it...

Ya I was telling the kid I hope he understands how lucky he is.... the barrel I hit very well could have been him... If I wasn't paying attention
Old 01-30-2010, 07:12   #4 (permalink)

If you are lucky you will only need to reajust both door hinges but replacement hinges would do the job right. The door repair would be cheaper to just replace it or if you get the door open use a piece of 2x4 to support the inside lower edge against the rocker and tap the out side skin with a body hammer. The lower fender should pull out with a axe handle piece of wood by prying it out carefully. The door has gone up putting pressure on the door striker and you may have to remove the fender to beat the door hinges down again with a 2x4 sitting on the hinge and beat it with a (BFG) Big F Hammer.$ 600 to $1000 for a body shop.
Stick462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 10:43   #5 (permalink)
Harder

With a hit like that your door and possibly "A" pillar will most likely be bent. a full,proper repair would cost a good chunk of money and possibly net you a new door/fender. Recomend going to your freindly neighborhood body shop and asking them to bend your door/fender just so you can open and close your door. Any good bodyman should be able to do an adjustment in about an hour. It won't be pretty but it will wrk.
Cat in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Crown Victoria | Mercury Marauder | Grand Marquis | P71