Ford Forums banner

My Mark

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Bill89LSC 
#1 ·
Heres my everyday driver.1979 Mark V Collector`s Series.It has 75k orig miles,and found out it cost about $24,000 new in 1979.It has a factory installed CB radio,and power sunroof.Its one of about 2000 CS`s made in white,and about 6000 were made total,the others being drak blue.I`ve added a Pioneer DEHP-4100 radio,and replaced all 4 speakers with new Pioneers as well.Runs great,and gets decent milage for a 400-2v.4-wheel disc brakes too!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Its not really a real nice car.Previous owner tried to keep good care of it,but did more harm than good.If a clip for trim broke,he screwed the trim back on! Right through the trim and body.Touched up with spray paint all over.Left the window sticker laying on the dash,which when moved took off part of the dye! Tried to fix the cracked moonroof,but only knocked it off track and tried to wedge it in place with a block of wood,which is now loose in the roof,and I had to silicone the **** outta the roof.Car is solid though,drives nice and has a very nice interior.But like most big 2drs,the door bottoms are about gone.I was able to find 2 rust free doors,and replacement moonroof glass,all for $150! Places wanted $350 each for a bare door,and $200 for the moonroof glass! I plan to put them all on this summer.1 fender has a couple bad spots in it too,fixable,but can get a rust free one pretty cheap.I`ve seen these advertised for anwhere from $11k to $20k,but in much better shape,so I know its worth fixing.Might sell it later in the year,I want a nice `78-`79 Ford pickup.

#4 ·
Still looks good from a distance! I sold mine to buy a truck,I needed one for side job's.Mine was rusting real bad.The frame too,a guy offered me $500 and I jumped on it.He was restoring one and needed a parts car.So some of it lives on. I had it for 15 years though,the interior was perfect.I'm always on the lookout for another one.I found one with 800 original miles on it.The guy's a collector in Chicago.The car's never been on the road.The miles are from him pulling it on and off a trailer,and driving to his spot at car shows.Just don't have the $27,000 he said he'd give it to me for for since I'm a Lincoln nut too.$35,000 was his asking price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.