Ford Forums banner

New Rangie

9K views 64 replies 4 participants last post by  HSE2 
#1 ·
We I have an interest in European cars especially the JAG, and MG.

But one of the big things happening as we speak is the first showing of the third generation Range Rover. Why is this big.
Glad you asked. In 31 years the car has only gone through two complete redesigns this being the second. It will be the first Ford model released since the takeover although the design is all BMW.
The Range Rover has consistently polled well in the most single desireable car to own and the only car to be feature at the louve(sp) in France.

This is the new car.

#6 ·
Must admit I've never really been into the Rangies. The whole 4wd thing just doesn't do much for me really.. Should be interesting to see how it sells though..

#9 ·
HSE2 said:
If ford own it, I am into it.
Oh heck yeah! I'll second that for sure but just not really ito the 4wd thing..

#10 ·
HSE2 said:
Oh it will sell real good. This car my friend is the sole reason Ford now own Landrover. This will be a huge winner for Ford. In the process they nearly got BMW.
Do you reckon they'll have a crack at BMW in the future? Should be interesting to see how that all pans out in the long run!

#11 ·
Ford Man said:

Oh heck yeah! I'll second that for sure but just not really ito the 4wd thing..
Yeah thats where you and I differ abit. I am a true car person, actually anything with an engine from bikes to trucks and then through to cars with Ford as my main interest. Love english cars and have a taste for quality euro design.

My family has always had some sort of 4wd and been big on fishing in the back lakes of Tassie so you need that sort of ground clearance that an XR doesn't have. With out a need for 4WD you aren't likely to be that interested in them.

However this particular release isn't really about 4wd as such. For sure it is set to rewrite the record book on wheel articulation for a "common suspension design"

#12 ·
Ford Man said:

Do you reckon they'll have a crack at BMW in the future? Should be interesting to see how that all pans out in the long run!
really would have love JAc to stay there a bit longer as I feel they may have. The rumour was the the landrover engine contract was going to be kept alive to keep the foot in the door so to speak. This doesn't look like happening now. On the other side the Quadt family have put the foot down so to speak.

#14 ·
LunaticSS said:
i like the looks of this new range. i think that it would be a good sell in the states. and yes they are highly sought after here in Texas atleast. most the larger oil families here have one if not more in their garage.
So far it is getting a mixed response as far as i can tell. It is alot bigger than it looks, a move designed for the US market.
They say you have to be a million air to won one so that deos surprise me about oil families owning them.

The release is being held in stages with the Detroit show in January the public launch. I believe it is the first time for the once owned English company.

#15 ·
HSE2 said:
Yeah thats where you and I differ abit. I am a true car person, actually anything with an engine from bikes to trucks and then through to cars with Ford as my main interest..
Must admit bikes do absolutlely nothing for me.. Never been keen on 'em at all.
HSE2 said:
With out a need for 4WD you aren't likely to be that interested in them.
I dunno about that though.. We got some pretty rugged bush up these parts and some of the 4wd/fishing weekends we've had up the snowies are some of the best of my life for sure.. Even more fun tryng to get a Falcon over the same terrrain!!

#16 ·
HSE2 said:
really would have love JAc to stay there a bit longer as I feel they may have. The rumour was the the landrover engine contract was going to be kept alive to keep the foot in the door so to speak. This doesn't look like happening now. On the other side the Quadt family have put the foot down so to speak.
Yeah me too.. I can't see Ford making a crack at BMW for at least 5 years. Not until they get themselves sorted out at home first anyway..

#17 ·
Ford Man said:

I dunno about that though.. We got some pretty rugged bush up these parts and some of the 4wd/fishing weekends we've had up the snowies are some of the best of my life for sure.. Even more fun tryng to get a Falcon over the same terrrain!!
Affraid you lost me there. Dont understand where you are coming from in relation to the part you quoted me on!

#18 ·
Ford Man said:

Yeah me too.. I can't see Ford making a crack at BMW for at least 5 years. Not until they get themselves sorted out at home first anyway..
It is only Ford now, the Quandt Family have now got back into the business in a big way. At the time they were very tired of the motor industry, with Rover costing them heaps.

#21 ·
HSE2 said:
Really would like to understand what your point was!
Something about going fishing up the beaten tracks and taking the 4 wheelers along with us. I think that relates to the need for them or something! Can't remember to be honest mate. Was crashing into walls at this stage on Friday night!!

#22 ·
Ok So you aren't into 4wds so to speak but some of the best times you have had wouldn't have been possible without them.

Yes I think I can see what you are saying. A means to an end doesn't mean you have to like or share an interest in the means.

I would agree with that I see your point

#23 ·
HSE2 said:
Ok So you aren't into 4wds so to speak but some of the best times you have had wouldn't have been possible without them.

Yes I think I can see what you are saying. A means to an end doesn't mean you have to like or share an interest in the means.

I would agree with that I see your point
That's the one.. I think? :eek:o1:
I do like 'em a bit, but not with the same gusto I like road cars. Some amazing engineering on some of the models..

#25 ·
HSE2 said:
Hahahahahaha LOL.
Yeah.. you're on the money for sure. Had to think about it a bit but!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.