S80 news. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > General PAG discussions
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General PAG discussions Premier Auto Group discussions. Discuss Lincoln, Jaguar, Volvo and Range Rovers

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2001, 20:36   #1 (permalink)

S80 news.

I was searching the net for news suitable for the front page and came across this .

Revised S80

The fight for domination in the executive car class is to hot up with the introduction of an improved Volvo S80 range. The changes herald the debut of an all-new 2.4-litre turbo version, priced from 24,000.
Diesel fans will also have greater choice, with the impressive new D5 unit being offered with an automatic gearbox for the first time. The BMW 5-Series rival now has colour-coded bumpers, revised 17-inch alloys, xenon headlamps and rain-sensitive wipers. Flagship 2.9 and T6 models will be available with bi-xenons, with the brighter bulb for main beam. Inside, all S80s will boast revised heater vents, which will be matched to the dashboard fabric colour for the first time.

Despite the upgrades, prices will remain largely unchanged. However, the automatic is set to carry a premium of 1,100, with the new wipers costing 145.
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2001, 01:20   #2 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

The Volvo's are starting to look good now too.
Big Block Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2001, 01:22   #3 (permalink)

I agree. I like that should side profile like the AU has but not sure about the rear look. Like most divisions of Ford at the moment things are starting to take shape.
Old 12-30-2001, 05:54   #4 (permalink)
Onxy - Slam

I think they are looking to long and getting a big to high up off the ground as well!
They just look better more of a square shape to me lol i know I am sad.

I also have to say anything under the 2.0l is slow as sin, because one of the company cars for my dads factory happend to be a new volvo, and its an 1.8 i went with him to the airport as your not supposed to leave the car alone for more then 5 mins on the yellow lines outside the terminal.
on our ways there, it had ajob pulling up steep hills, and just basicly had lots and lots of flat spots in the acceltiration.
it was quiet shocking really but i suppose with there mass of the car as well it would struggle!

The Eccy Project <--Click it you know you want to ^_^
Troy Revill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2001, 14:46   #5 (permalink)

That seems to be a common problem with cars these days. The small cars are growing but the engine power isn't up to the job of shifting the larger mass.
Old 12-30-2001, 17:49   #6 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Troy you are not the only one mate.I know a guy that loves the square box like ones too.In fact he wants to buy the Station wagon.It doesn't get more box like than one of those LOL but i guess that is the shape that they are known for.
Big Block Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2002, 09:47   #7 (permalink)
Mr. Embargo

Volvo...They're boxy but they're good!

They've certainly come a long way since Ford took the helm.
Old 01-01-2002, 11:00   #8 (permalink)
Onxy - Slam

Yup they sure have, I really like the old V40 estate how great was that car in the BTCC with Rikard Rhydel driving it. ^_^

The Eccy Project <--Click it you know you want to ^_^
Troy Revill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2002, 15:59   #9 (permalink)
Capri mkIII Member

Troy , was that the T5?????????

Was contemplating getting one second hand as the price has come down to under 5k problem being nobody wants to sell them????????????I just don't get it no car can be THAT GOOD!!!!

John
The Flying Haggis
28s3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 01:54   #10 (permalink)

T5 now that is a car. I got to sit in one, actually I bought my first radar detector form the owner of one. What a great car. That model made me think of Volvo in a different light. In my opinion they never followed that model up. Real shame
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > PAG Vehicle Discussion > General PAG discussions