05 e250 electrical issues - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford E-Series Trucks
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford E-Series Trucks Forum for discussion of the Ford E-Series Trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2014, 19:45   #1 (permalink)

05 e250 electrical issues

Hi Guys, I picked up a 2005 E250 today. When I first started it the dash wasn't working(no gas guage, tach speedo etc) I shut it off and restarted it and it started to work. Drove home from the dealer(80 miles) without any issue. When I got home I was messing around and checking things out in the van. I moved it to its parking spot for the night, shut the key off and was sitting inside with the key out of the ignition listening to the radio. About 10 seconds later I heard a click and the radio shut off. I initially thought it was just a timeout, but when I went to restart the van the dash was not working, as well as the radio not working and the dome light not shutting off. The radio is getting power b/c when I hit the display button it shows the time. It runs completely fine. I saw a few posts online about other model fords having a problem with the GEM(general electronics module) getting wet from a leaking windshield and having the same symptoms my vehicle is having, but I could not locate any information on the E series specifically having a problem like this. Any one out there know what i can check/replace to correct this? Thanks
babszx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2014, 16:09   #2 (permalink)
cj1

Re: 05 e250 electrical issues

Battery management system?
cj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 18:14   #3 (permalink)
Dazed and Confused

Re: 05 e250 electrical issues

Could be the instrument cluster:

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/rep...96b43f802e544f
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford E-Series Trucks