1967 rebuild????????????? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford E-Series Trucks
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford E-Series Trucks Forum for discussion of the Ford E-Series Trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2003, 00:02   #1 (permalink)
good "old" Ford Torque

Question 1967 rebuild?????????????

I've got a 67 short step side w/ a 300 inline , never had much power, But I would like to rebuild it ,And I was wondering if any body had any suggestions on how to get more power out of this motor? I'm running the 3speed it came with its all origanal ,rebuilt trans about 6 years ago. Would like to put a automatic in it " what would fit?" and just drive it ,SHE has worked all her life "its time for her to have some fun" . Any links, advice, or just comments would be appreciated. "Unless its about my spelling" Thanks for reading; and if I'm in the wrong place, please point me in the right direction.
old 67 worker' is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2003, 01:28   #2 (permalink)

Re: 1967 rebuild?????????????

I t depends on what you want to d o with it and how much you want to spend on it. Anyway, you cou;ld do a port job on the heads and get a good cam. Also make sure youve got a decent exhaust and she gets enough air.

P.S Your spellings better then mine
89F150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 09:52   #3 (permalink)
good "old" Ford Torque

Hay thanks 4 ansewering ,I just want to drive the heck out of her .Its still got that old 1 throat carb, bigger valves ?....how big.? what ,new 1 barrel carb can I up date 2? , ..what cam ......don't want 2 go to wild, just want her to have a little kick! ...not taking her to the strip or anything, If I wanted that, I'd DrOp A 351 W In WiTh The Clev HeAdS ,& BlOw EvErYBoDy AwAy!!!!!!................................anyway......."calm".....breath......"calm........breath... ..........OK. I just want to keep it simple, 300w/ auto. I'm going to find or make the exaust, duel pipe from the manifold. I'm just not up on the 300s, whats out there ,and where? & how about the trans , what will bolt up, w/o a kit?
Old 09-29-2003, 20:07   #4 (permalink)
97 F-150 XL 4x4

well old 67 i am not sure where your truck fits in so i am saying this post is fine here !
also this thing is before my time but the 300 I6 is a real strong motor it just probably has seen better days.
thats a tough call on the dual exhaust because with some engines you will actually lose hp with little or no back pressure and that motor isnt real high dispacement.
things that are for certain are a good high flow air filter and deffinetly a bigger better cam and i would look to convert to a 2 barrel carb .
that would probably supply more air than the heads could flow anyway, stock heads are fairly restictive but you are talking about a 67 when they actually made a few hp from the factory.
compcams.com has a nice cam for fords and they have a 260 H grind that would work nice in your 300 the part number is 66-237-4 check it out on their site.
as for the tranny i am thinking they are the same bell housing as a small block V8 but dont take my word for that check it out elsewhere for sure.
Old 09-30-2003, 01:43   #5 (permalink)

oh yeah i forgot about the carbie.
Also here are some more cam sites for the 300.
http://www.cranecams.com/master/apps/ford6.htm
http://www.iskycams.com/engine_templ...7&engine_id=46
http://www.schneidercams.com/cams/67.htm
http://www.crower.com/misc/m_cat.shtml
http://www.mrgasket.com/pdf/Ford.pdf
Old 09-30-2003, 04:58   #6 (permalink)
good "old" Ford Torque

Hay guys thanks , I'm go'in there now, any other forums I need to check out? maybe with some old farts, that have messed with this old 300 before? I guess I should have told you guys I'm really kind of new to this computer "thang" ,still kind of fum-buling around, feeling my way. Anyway thanks again 4 your help :s6: "I'll be back if I can find my way"
Old 09-30-2003, 18:33   #7 (permalink)
97 F-150 XL 4x4

hey glad to hear that old 67,
we'll be here when you get back.
if you make a couple mistakes here and there thats what tech support is for !!
Old 09-30-2003, 23:25   #8 (permalink)

Get a workshop manual, i think youd be able to get one for building 300s. That should give you a guide and lead you on your way.
Old 10-01-2003, 20:02   #9 (permalink)
97 F-150 XL 4x4

yes i agree you really need a manual with torque specs and other useful tidbits.
Old 10-02-2003, 01:35   #10 (permalink)
good "old" Ford Torque

biggrin Re: 1967 rebuild?????????????

man you guys are helpful!!!........Ya I got the tools, and books , I was just lookin for some help, With the upgrading of the thing . Thats cool thou- If 'n I was new 2 thA Hole pRa-cess You guys would'A hElp-t , "Thats really " cool, I'v built a few in my time " not the best mind you- I'v screwed up some stuff 2- BUT, I've slung a little perm-a-tex in my day" From both! companys, the other "I shall not speak,ith thy name". Hay, just out of couriosaty what would a "1979 full size BroncO w/ a 351 modifid & C-4 ,52k on the motor, be worth now-and-days ,body is fair ,usual rust/ ballpark?" just wondering . I type in the search" 300 ford upgrade " and nothing comes up? how can I find if they even make headers, And a modifid intake ? ........Before I start slicing up tubing? Is this the only place for ford guys? I know somebody out there is trying to hop-up this 300, I just don't have the knowing to find em' I know I should get a V-8, but I hate to wast a good motor! Hay thanks again for reading, I think I did more rambiling than any thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford E-Series Trucks