1992 E350 Loss of power-PLEASE HELP!!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford E-Series Trucks
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford E-Series Trucks Forum for discussion of the Ford E-Series Trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2004, 13:21   #1 (permalink)

1992 E150 Loss of power-PLEASE HELP!!!

I am posting this for my parents. They have a 1992 E150 van. They have been having problems with it for awhile now and their local mechanic cant figure it out. Anytime they try to drive it when it is hot outside it will lose power going down the road and die or not start at all. They said it isn't overheating. I'm lost on this one. Anyone have some suggestions? I appreciate any help!

Last edited by brantbatson; 07-19-2004 at 15:36. Reason: wrong series, E150 not E350
brantbatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2004, 16:02   #2 (permalink)
97 F-150 XL 4x4

Re: 1992 E350 Loss of power-PLEASE HELP!!!

my dad has a 96 E 150 van with a loss of power problem too and we found that the cat converter is partially blocked and i am in the process of locating a replacement right now.
i cant say your problem is the same but it might not hurt to check the backpressure of the exhaust.
the other things to check when you have problems with heat are the ignition module.
they are notorious for causing problems when the outside temp is high.
you would have to check and see how strong the spark is before you drive and then check it again when you are having problems and if you replace the module i recommend replacing the stator at the same time and make sure that dielectric grease is applied to the module.
Old 01-03-2005, 00:12   #3 (permalink)
RATfink Moderator

Re: 1992 E350 Loss of power-PLEASE HELP!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351w
my dad has a 96 E 150 van with a loss of power problem too and we found that the cat converter is partially blocked and i am in the process of locating a replacement right now.
i cant say your problem is the same but it might not hurt to check the backpressure of the exhaust.
the other things to check when you have problems with heat are the ignition module.
they are notorious for causing problems when the outside temp is high.
you would have to check and see how strong the spark is before you drive and then check it again when you are having problems and if you replace the module i recommend replacing the stator at the same time and make sure that dielectric grease is applied to the module.
yeah that actually sounds like a good solution. get that checked, and that tell us what happened....
OlSkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford E-Series Trucks