2000 E-350 SD PSD 7.3L Extended w/Custom Interior - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford E-Series Trucks
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford E-Series Trucks Forum for discussion of the Ford E-Series Trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2009, 09:47   #1 (permalink)

2000 E-350 SD PSD 7.3L Extended w/Custom Interior

2000 E-350 SD PSD 7.3L Extended w/Custom Interior,

My van has been very good to me. I bought the van brand new and had it drop-shipped to the Explorer Custom Van Co. I sent them enough Dynomat to line the entire van before they installed the interior. It helped keep the interior very quiet. I have the best engine ever installed in a Van the 7.3L Tubro Diesel, with the 3.55 rear end. I have a 27 gallon Transferflow Aft. Aux. Fuel Tank that is mounted between the rear-end and the spare tire. So I have the 35 gallon main and 27 Aux.= 62 gallon total. I installed a 4" SS Magnaflow flow-through exhaust that is completely wrapped with Thermo-Tec 2" Heat Tape Wrap. This one mod removed the drone sound inside the van and made the interior very quiet. All you can hear is the whistle out the 5" tailpipe when the turbo kicks-in. This is also a safety feature because the tail-pipe is close to the Aux. fuel tank. I have the German made Bilstein Shocks, the One-Up Front Spring Option, and the Centramatic Wheel Balancers on all four Alcoa Rims. They really help the balance of the van, it tracks straight and feels tight for a van. I have 2 - 2 A-Pillar Gauge Pods 4-total with the Hobbs Hour Meter at the top, Pyro, Boost, Tranny. I have the Mag-Hytec Tranny pan that holds 2 extra gallons of fluid and the rear end cover, the entire van has Amsoil , engine, trans, rear end. I have the FilterMag on the Oil Filter since new and it really helps trapping the small metal and sludge in the engine. The Dual Alternator/Dual Battery system is great for all the electronics inside. The 20" Flat LCD TV in the overhead and the 7" TV in the dash, a 1750 Sinewave inverter and a 600, several 150 units with a 1/0 Ga. Feed to the main fuse block. The KVH System works well. I have a powertank 10# in the rear door, so I can run a snap-on impact gun to change a tire, or to fill the tire fast and plug it without removing the tire. I also have a Kidde Home C02 Alarm to alarm me of C02 in thne van while sleeping or parked with the A/C running. I have the AIC/ACPM Idle Controller from Ford to charge the batteries, run a PTO, or raise the rpm while idle. It also tells me the rpm's in the van, I can save fuel by setting the cruise control to certain numbers. 66 to 68 mph seems to be the area to get the best fuel mileage while trying to run fast as I can. The tire pressure is 80#s rear and 55#'s Front on the Data Sheet in the Drivers Door, I run it at 75# rear and 65# front. I have the dual air filter system and I have the Amsoil Ea synthetic nanofiber Air Filters and they suck air like a K&N but trap dirt like a paper filter. These are great filters. There is more but I need to stop somewhere, this is my Florida Home cruiser that looks brand new (Garage kept) with only 10,000 miles on it. This is by far the best engine the International 444 ci. in a extended van ever made IMO. The 6.0 engines do not compare to the 7.3L.. If you are thinking about getting a Diesel van consider the older 7.3L vans. I run a 80 HP setting on my custom Chip for running around. And the 40/60 HP Settings to save fuel.

We take it to the beach and hook-up 2 Fender Amps to play guitar and it is fun. I get about 16 MPG using the 80 HP setting and 19 using the 40 HP setting.
Inventour is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2009, 11:51   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: 2000 E-350 SD PSD 7.3L Extended w/Custom Interior

Sounds like you really fixed the van up. That would be a hard one to replace. Welcome to the forums. You may be of help to another member with the mods you did. Like to see a picture of it.
Old 11-24-2009, 14:55   #3 (permalink)
canuck

Re: 2000 E-350 SD PSD 7.3L Extended w/Custom Interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtg143 View Post
Sounds like you really fixed the van up. That would be a hard one to replace. Welcome to the forums. You may be of help to another member with the mods you did. Like to see a picture of it.
X2!!

'99 Taurus 3.0L 2V Vulcan 145hp; 154,300m - Traded
Amsoil in all vehicles!
360ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford E-Series Trucks