2002 E250-- URGENTLY NEED INFO ON FUEL CANISTER - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford E-Series Trucks
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford E-Series Trucks Forum for discussion of the Ford E-Series Trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2011, 17:36   #1 (permalink)

2002 E250-- URGENTLY NEED INFO ON FUEL CANISTER

Does anybody have a pictorial showing the hoses around the fuel cannister connecting the solenoid and what ever elses is located there?

I don't drive my van much anymore but I do use it occasionally. A few weeks ago when I tried to use it, I had trouble starting it, it did eventually run.

But the CHECK ENGINE lamp came on. I didn't pay much attention to it! A few days ago, I mowed my lawn (where the truck sat all winter) and found plastic tubing that is used for chafe protection of wires. That got me thinking!!!!!

I crawled under the van yesterday, and guess what the $%^&*@ TREE RATS (squirrels) did!!!! YEAH, YOU GOT IT!!! The damn things chewed the wire harness going to what looks like a solenoid of some sort mounted just above the carbon canister. OK, I was able to solder and tape those wires back in place.

But the hoses that start at the back of the above solenoid is gone. Also there is a plastic box about 2X3X3" near the canister mounted high in the frame that looks like a hose went from there to the solenoid. The other end from that box has what looks like hose that went someplace.... doesn't any more! That was gnawed completly off.

The only damage appears to be the wiring that I repaired and missing hoses.

Thanks--

Foggy
foggysail is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford E-Series Trucks