5.4-Intermittent loss of power - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford E-Series Trucks
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford E-Series Trucks Forum for discussion of the Ford E-Series Trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2007, 08:24   #1 (permalink)

5.4-Intermittent loss of power

I appreciate any help i might get to find a solution to my problem.'99 E-250 w/ 5.4 travelling w/ gross weight EVERYDAY (8600 lbs),324,000 miles.Recent full tune-up,new ignition coils @265,000.This is the best truck I have ever owned.It is one of a small fleet of e-250 and e-350's.Problem-loses power intermittently, hit the gas and nothings there.Let off the pedal,hit it again and you might have power.Sometimes bogs at low r's then picks up like a 2 stroke.At cruising speed under light acceleration it will ping-sometimes.The check engine light does not work but it was hooked to a diagnostic machine recently and wasn't showing a code.Also passed New Jersey inspection recently.This engine idles perfectly and burns 1 qt of oil every 3000 miles (oil change interval).Any suggestions? Need more info? Thanks in advance..
heavy truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2007, 15:52   #2 (permalink)

Re: 5.4-Intermittent loss of power

Hi,

My 06 4.0 Explorer may have the same problem as you-loss of power randomly, no check engine lights and no code readings... Please let me know if you were able to fix the problem so that I may suggest that as a possible solution to my dealership who can't find the issue with my vehicle...thanks much!
chinglish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 14:33   #3 (permalink)

Re: 5.4-Intermittent loss of power

I've been hearing others have been having DPFE problems before the cell light goes on. Your symptoms seem to indicate that but a code sure would be nice if it popped up. Google DPFE Hack and you'll find simple spend no money ways to verify that it is the DPFE. Dealers want over 100 for the simple part but search around and I've seen it on ebay for 30-40 shipped.
paperboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford E-Series Trucks