CrAzY E 150 5.8L problems, mechanics don't help, PLEASE HELP ME!!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford E-Series Trucks
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford E-Series Trucks Forum for discussion of the Ford E-Series Trucks.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2011, 17:15   #1 (permalink)

CrAzY E 150 5.8L problems, mechanics don't help, PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Hi everyone, i'm having problems with my 1995 Ford E 150 with 5.8L. the tranny is a main problem, but probably not the tranny itself, but something that controls it, the van has 46,xxx original miles, and obviously sat around more then it was driven. The overdrive light on the shifter sometimes blinks- sometimes no, the airbag light blinks, the anti lock brake light most of the time is on, although i changed the speed censor located on the differential.
The tranny's problems are intermittent, but most of the time it does not shift as it should, it shifts waaaay to late with a kick, then it disengages and goes back in. It basically shifts whenever it wants to. and does what it wants instead of doing it whenever is required. Fluid and tranny filter were changed, one diagnostic shop came with computer telling: "the speed censor is in open position", I replaced it, but not sure if that's the right one, i was told by Ford technicians there are 3 of them in this type of truck, but the one that sits on the differential is also has something to do with anti locks, so it was replaced, but did not get rid of the problem, another mechanic with a scanner checked the tranny and said that since the OD light is not blinking his scanner does not come up with any error codes, besides that there is something with the power steering. MY ONLY GUESS IS THAT SOMETHING ELECTRICAL HAPPENED. Or one of the connections got corroded, BUY WHERE?!?! there are many connectors in there, i've tried to play with some i could get my hands on, but lots are not within the reach! PLEEEEEESE HELP SOMEONE BEFORE I SHOOT THIS VAN AND THEN MY SELF!!!!!
vanning is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2011, 17:24   #2 (permalink)

Re: CrAzY E 150 5.8L problems, mechanics don't help, PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Hello and good day:

May I ask when this all started, and can you give a time line when things start? a little at a time or all of a sudden?
Old 01-13-2011, 18:39   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling_Six View Post
Hello and good day:

May I ask when this all started, and can you give a time line when things start? a little at a time or all of a sudden?
I just bought this thing. I tried to speak with the owner, but he is sooo old, his mind is way behind him when he speaks, i relied on the low mileage - my mistake, but today mechanic that changed the tranny fluid and filter told me that the pan is squeaky clean! So i know the problem is not inside the transmission. Any ideas? ...A computer problem or connections corroded? i will try anything at this point!
HMMMM.... old man did mention a lightning hit somewhere close by.... radio also does not work, i hear something come out of the speakers very low volume and it's able to change stations i hear different channels and when i turn it off i hear a BOOM coming from the speakers...
Old 01-16-2011, 13:57   #4 (permalink)

WOW NO TAKERS HUH?

Doesn't anyone have any ideas???

I KNOW IF I TAKE IT TO FORD DEALER I'LL PROBABLY HAVE TO PAWN MY UNDERWEAR TO PAY FOR DIAGNOSTIC.
I IMAGINE IT WILL NOT TAKE ONE HOUR TO GET TO THE PROBLEM.

SOMEONE OUT THERE PLEASE HELP!!!
Old 01-16-2011, 15:22   #5 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

I'd clean the contacts in the connectors to the transmission and put di-electric grease on the pins. Also get some MAF cleaner and clean the MAF.
Old 01-19-2011, 21:23   #6 (permalink)

Hi Bert, THANK YOU for taking time to write me, what you have suggested made my van run like a champ! BUT it only lasted for one night and half of today, i only reconnected the MAF censor several times to get rid of corrosion and that seemed to work, but today i took my wife shopping...on the way back the transmission went back to it's old tricks, and some new problems - the door locks started to lock/unlock like crazy, and motor starved for something, air or gas, i'm not sure but i had to step on gas down to the floor to keep it running, it kept on stalling on every red light, and starting it back up was a real problem! I barely got it back home. I called the seller and swore i will sue him for everything he's got, he offered some help in coming here tomorrow and following me to his "good" ford mechanic. Found On Road Dead, i will never by another ford for as long as i live, and it's not the first experience. If i can only get through this one without killing someone, At this point i'm not even asking for any help, i know this is many problems in one, 5-1 air bag blinking, anti lock brakes most time is on, but sometimes is off, whatever controls the tranny, and now whatever controls the motor....................ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Old 01-19-2011, 21:37   #7 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

It sounds like the van was missused before you bought it. I don't see why you wouldn't buy another Ford. I've had many with no problems. My 1980 F150 had 253,000 miles when I gave it to a friend for helping me and it now has over 260,000 miles. Fords are great if they aren't abused like that one evidently was. Check this out . Home
Old 01-24-2011, 22:27   #8 (permalink)

If a lighting bolt struck nearby, it could have caused a high electromagnetic field that reset or damaged the computer and some sensors. Id sell it or junk it. The computer part is not a bid deal, its the sensors going crazy. BTW, what color was the cog on the speed sensor and what is your engine VIN code?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford E-Series Trucks