1995 Ford Probe GT - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Probe and Mazda MX6.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2006, 00:42   #1 (permalink)

1995 Ford Probe GT

What's up everybody. I am a new person here and figured I'd first into myself in and not be rude.

So either way, I hope somebody can help me.

I just got me a 1995 Ford Probe GT w/ AT. Only downfall is that I need an new engine and me being a non-auto literate person, I am not sure what to look for.

First I hear all I need is a engine, now I hear I need an exhaust system. The car used to run cause it was my brother's car and it had a deep sound to it like a race/sports car, IDK, it sounded nice though.

Either way, I just want to know:

1. Isn't the sound performance from the exhaust system or is it usually how powerful the motor is? Just a question

2. Where can I find a motor for it at online, I am starting my job this week and I'll be making almost $500-$700 every 2 weeks, and I know a place where I can get one for $750.00 but I figured I'd look around first?

3. What's a good exhaust system to put into the car, either way, even if the exhaust is fine, I guess its only smart to get a whole new performance system done (get the engine and exhaust system done) and then get me a CD player and everything for the car following by a paint job and a nice wash over.

Any help is HIGHLY HIGHLY appreciated.
Baby Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2006, 08:42   #2 (permalink)

Re: 1995 Ford Probe GT

To find a motor,this is probally the best place to check. Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market
It is a Nationwide search and should list anything close to your area. If you are looking to get a built motor that can handle some power and boost then check here. Racing Mazda Services Offered

As for exhaust here are some sites.

CorkSport Mazda Performance - 360.260.CORK: 93-97 Probe

ProbeAddiction.com

RR-Racing Mazda MX6 and Ford Probe GT Performance

Hope this helps...
1999 Ford Contour SVT #2138 of 2760
1994 Ford Probe SE
SVT Pics!
More SVT Pics
RedLine Goods Shifter Boots:5% Discount
dpa43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 12:30   #3 (permalink)

I've always like the way a Borla sounds.

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 21:12   #4 (permalink)

Thank you both, I am not sure what a Borla sounds like but I am sure somebody online has a video or a sound sample. I know that the muffler on there now is two-tipped (looks as if 2 pipes on it) right now.

About the engine, I am still searching around the one site (the Car-Part.com is good) but I'd like a image of the motor before anything to make sure the conditions are fine. Also, I see its belnded in with Mazda MX6 engines, does that mean the MX6 engines work with an Ford Probe as well and what differences should I look for?
Old 07-17-2006, 21:46   #5 (permalink)

Sorry to post so quick directly after the above one, but I have looked around for some additional options for engines and was wondering if anybody could suggest and recommend out of the ones I have chosen right now:

JDM KL-ZE MX3/MX6/626/Probe GT 90-96 Auto Tranny [JDM KL-ZE] - $1,199.00 : JDM Engines Corp

I got a couple more coming later.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:57   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Boy
Sorry to post so quick directly after the above one, but I have looked around for some additional options for engines and was wondering if anybody could suggest and recommend out of the ones I have chosen right now:

JDM KL-ZE MX3/MX6/626/Probe GT 90-96 Auto Tranny [JDM KL-ZE] - $1,199.00 : JDM Engines Corp

I got a couple more coming later.

The MX-6 uses the same motors as does the Ford Probe. You can swap between the too fairly easily.

If you decide to got with a JDM KL-ZE there will be some modifacations that will need to be done.

probetalk.com is a good site for reference.

Here is a direct link to the specific topic.
2.5 Jdm Faq - ProbeTalk.com Forums
1999 Ford Contour SVT #2138 of 2760
1994 Ford Probe SE
SVT Pics!
More SVT Pics
RedLine Goods Shifter Boots:5% Discount
dpa43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 15:48   #7 (permalink)

You have to excuse me, I'm not your bestest auto-tech, lol. Anyway, I found out what I needed:

I need a new motor and a muffler, not an entire exhaust system. I found the one from somebody who is also a member on these forums has for sale, but it has a Manual transmission. The car I have is an AT, is there any modifications I'd have to do and would I be just as better as to just get a motor that is the same with an AT?

Thanks.
Old 07-18-2006, 15:55   #8 (permalink)

Oh, I also heard something about a front driver axle or something like that, anybody can clear up and how much one usually goes for?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum