93 probe radio Wiring - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Probe and Mazda MX6.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2006, 07:43   #1 (permalink)

93 probe radio Wiring

i have a93 gt probe and i bought a wiresing harness for my cd player to pug into and there is no music coming from the speakers and i know that the wires i hooked together are correct but there is a ground wire in the speaker wires and i was told there is an amp but i dont know what to do i dont know what to with the ground or what other wires to hook up all i have hooked up are the speakers and the all time power part time power and ground that is all that there was too hook up on hte harness so i dont know weither to hook up other wires or what ones an insite would be appreciated thanks tim
tim93gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2006, 20:13   #2 (permalink)

Re: 93 probe radio Wiring

hey. the probes hav a stock amp in them.and in order to use an aftermarket deck, u need to bypass the stock amp with a bypass wirering kit, u just simply unbolt the amp.(i think its 3 bolts), unplug the wire connecter going into the amp to one end of the harness, and the other end, to the out of the amp, the amp is located right under the rear passenger speaker. u will need to remove the paneling to get to it.if this is not done, u will not have any sound at all. im not really sure what u meen by the grounding question , but if u hav any other questions, just say , and ill try to help.
bigt24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 17:50   #3 (permalink)
Australian Probe Member

http://www.aus-cartalk.com/probe/audio.htm

Its for Aussie probes but they were fundamentally all GTs.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:15   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigt24v
hey. the probes hav a stock amp in them.and in order to use an aftermarket deck, u need to bypass the stock amp with a bypass wirering kit, u just simply unbolt the amp.(i think its 3 bolts), unplug the wire connecter going into the amp to one end of the harness, and the other end, to the out of the amp, the amp is located right under the rear passenger speaker. u will need to remove the paneling to get to it.if this is not done, u will not have any sound at all. im not really sure what u meen by the grounding question , but if u hav any other questions, just say , and ill try to help.
is there a way that i can plug a reseve power wire to the amp so it turns on with the new deck so that i can keep the amp
tim93gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 18:12   #5 (permalink)

no, i dont belaive so. but u dont really want to keep the stock amp, its not good quality,plus it only boosts the signal like 10 watts if that. and most decks put out 45- 50 watts per channel, so even if u could use the stock amp in conjuntion with the deck, the amp wud probly ruin the sound.
bigt24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum