96 probe blowing coolant hoses - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Probe and Mazda MX6.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2012, 10:44   #1 (permalink)

96 probe blowing coolant hoses

(96 probe , 4 cyl) I have this car about 2 months and last week it started blowing hoses they are stock old hoses and a bit rubbery already. The first hose was a small for inch piece of heater hose directly on the front of the engine down below the do not touch hot cover , the second was my main upper. , the third was part of the far left heater hose coming out of the fire wall that seams to connect to the side of the engine and to the main upper( this hose was 2 pieces has a metal tube in the middle ) and finally was the rest of the far left heater hose coming from the firewall( not actually off yet cant get it off the nipple). I have replaced the radiator cap, and the thermostat, and have flushed the system but have seen nothing coming out that would be alarming. I do not see any oil in the water . The day after I replaced the ts and the cap it over heated and was blowing out of the coolant tub. I have noticed that after I idle it for a little bit while filling the radiator that it will blow hot water out of the top of the radiator for a few seconds then stop. the fan is working , and does not seam to be any coolant blockage that i could see. Another thing I noticed before these hoses started to blow was that after about 1 hour of driving it would act as if it was missing , or a injector would shut off and the car would run with a sputter and have less power. This car is new to me and I am just not sure if there is anything else I should try before I take it to the shop.
neoflee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2012, 11:09   #2 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: 96 probe blowing coolant hoses

Could be cyl head gasket gone and pressurising cooling system . A block test will confirm or not . Could try bleeding cooling system also , worth a try.
R.S.LOGAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum